WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, myself buy almost buy a g-shock per-month. Wish to have new g-shock every week if possible but my wallet cannot cope with it :-( ? How about you guys?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
That depends on what Casio is releasing as I don't buy to complete certain series but rather what I like. The majority of G-SHOCKs doesn't appeal to me while I truly love a few others.

For example, I've bought about one per month in half of 1998, about one per year until 2002 and then none at all 'til last year. I've been buying about one per month in the second half of 2007 and just one this year. So far I'm only looking forward to buy the GW-9200 in 2008. I've contemplated getting myself the GW-M5600BC, but I don't seem to sufficiently fancy the squarish retro design.

This buying pattern makes this hobby somewhat affordable... ;-)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
I bought 6 or 7 G-Shock's last week after a month long silence... The past 5 years I have bought about 65 - 75 G-Shock's per year, but I want to go to Japan in a few years, so I must have to cut down this buying spree somehow...

And this thing had also cut a deep hole in my financial status last week (that's 2 G-Shock's)...

Cheers,

sjors

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I bought 6 or 7 G-Shock's last week after a month long silence... The past 5 years I have bought about 65 - 75 G-Shock's per year, but I want to go to Japan in a few years, so I must have to cut down this buying spree somehow...

And this thing had also cut a deep hole in my financial status last week (that's 2 G-Shock's)...

Cheers,
sjors

It's very cool though :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Ha ha, Mike,

I'm maybe not an expert in Photoshop, but I like making these. My girlfriend was LOLROF-ing when she saw I was putting in the small dots one by one. I cropped this one, but the original is very big. Maybe I'll print it sometimes, or maybe I order a mug with this printed on it...;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I guess I just started to collect g-shock for the past few weeks... Thus, I have many g-shock wanted to buy and I can't buy all in one shot.:-(

Therefore, I have to plan the all the buying throughout the upcoming months . :-d

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Hi Anson,

When I started collecting, I didn't even notice I was collecting. It didn't go very fast, but suddenly I had a small collection. I can't buy them also not all at once. Sometimes that's pretty frustrating if a lot of interesting models are launched (still on my wanted list DWX-5600 red/black, GW-9200, G-5500 S-Kool red and green, DW-004 ADMA). It might happen to you too. BTW, where are you from?

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Anson,

When I started collecting, I didn't even notice I was collecting. It didn't go very fast, but suddenly I had a small collection. I can't buy them also not all at once. Sometimes that's pretty frustrating if a lot of interesting models are launched (still on my wanted list DWX-5600 red/black, GW-9200, G-5500 S-Kool red and green, DW-004 ADMA). It might happen to you too. BTW, where are you from?

Cheers,

Sjors
Hi Sjors,

I'm from KL, Malaysia. Ya, it happened to me always. I have few models waiting to buy in my list. I'm currently collecting Rastafarian models and going to buy the G-5500R-1 JF model this Sunday (for June month, :-d). I see that you hv this series already in your collection. G-5500 S-Kool green also in my list too. Hope can get this g-shock too.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Since I started collecting and after the initial "big bang" of 6 in a week. My pattern is more like an average of 2 to 3 G-Shocks per month.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I buy in fits and starts but when I average it out probably averages out to 1.6 a month. :think::think::think:

·
Banned
731 Posts
Same here. When I first started, I bought 5-6 watches a month. For the past 6 months, I managed to control my impulsive buying pattern and set my target to max 2 Gs per month. :-d

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
I can honestly say, that I got all g-shocks models which are interesting to me and that's about a dozen. I haven't purchased any watch until april this year. right now there is no G that grap my attention, but that doesen't mean I stop buying watches. in april and may I bought one cheap tempic digital watch (outstanding functional timepiece btw.) and two casio watches, though no g-shocks but sea-pathfinders. perhaps I buy a PAW1300 and a luminox chrono till the end of the year, but other than those two I have no further plans.

regards, holger

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
well, i planned to get 12 Gs in 12 months doesnt matter if its 1 per month or 7 more in a month. wait, its this only apply to Gs or others like the pathfinder? i planned to get the 1300 though.

Sjors, great Lego !!!! shoulda ask David to help you photoshop !!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts