WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How old is my seiko skx007

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Ger093 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a new seiko skx007, sn 076009. The watch came with all its papers and the warranty card in the back of the booklet and it still had the blue film on the back of the watch and appeared to be in new condition.

If I'm reading the seiko date code right, my watch was made in July of 2000. If so, would it have the 7s26a or the 7s26b movement? Would there be any problems with a nos watch that is ten years old?

Thank you in advance for any help

#3 ·
I just realized that, this is what happens when you get off from your third twelve hour night shift and start reading Internet forums and start posting. After a few hours of sleep, things get a little clearer.

It's more likely that it was made in 2010 as opposed to 2000. Looks like seikos sn system is just as vague as colt is in regard to the sp-1 series.

#9 ·
It's really only confusing for watches with the 7s26 movement. Normally Seiko cycles it's movements and watches that use they every ten years. But the 7s26 has been so successful that it has now been in production since 1996 or 17 years!

If you know when the watch was first purchased; it's easy to figure out the manufactured date :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.