WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
40 views and no replies? :( *sniff*

Can nobody offer any info on this watch... like, how many were originally made?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I used to have one of those. I don't think anyone will know how many were made, but these days they will be quite hard to find.

I'm pretty sure they weren't released outside the Japanese and Asian markets. The curious colour, for instance, is the kind of shade that appeals mostly to Asian markets (or so I was once told).

Mine actually came from tiktox, here in the UK. Keith hadn't ordered it, but it was 'thrown in' with another order. That means that it was an overstock item that Casio wanted to get rid of. That implies that it was never 'rare' in the true sense of the word (or popular, for that matter). I would simply class it as 'hard to find in 2007'.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I pretty much like the G-2300/2310 series but red isn't exactly my favorite colour, so I don't have any info about the watch. maybe sjors can give you an advise about this model, he is a top G-shock expert and red watches are the ones he likes most I think.

regards, holger

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
40 views and no replies? :( *sniff*

Can nobody offer any info on this watch... like, how many were originally made?
Frankly, your original question is rather objective.
I'm guessing most people just weren't sure what to tell you... wrong question perhaps.

To me, it's just another 2300 with red camo, therefore I won't consider it to be "rare".

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Don't forget the 40 views won't just be from members; they'll also be from people who are just guests. Most people forget about that.
I think we have more browsers than members here on the G-Shock forum.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I'm sorry, it was me looking at it 39 times. :-d

Seriously, I don't know how hard it is to find, but I love G2300's. It's a great watch, rare or not.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I dig it. It's solar, which is cool, and the red in "Tough Solar" and "Data Memory" is picked up nicely by the bezel color, and strap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I see. Thanks for that tribe125. I was actually given it as a gift by a sales rep, which would tie in with what you said. But, as I'm a girly and not really into watches I'm selling it on.

This forum is cool though and I'm glad I found it, kinda regretting listing it on ebay now as my boyfriend has been reading this forum and wants to start collecting G-Shock watches! :roll:

edit: holger, thanks also for your comments, perhaps sjors has one already if he likes red g-shock's so much! lol

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Oh, welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Gasp! A girl on this forum? Welcome. Could you tell us why Girls aren't into watches, G-Shocks especially? We need some feminine advice, like how to make the wife and GF stop from going ballistic when we buy more than 3 G-Shocks in a month ;-).

Anyway, welcome, and if you won't be long here, we'd be glad to welcome your BF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only found this place by accident, but it seems like a nice friendly forum. Thanks for all the welcoming comments everyone! :)

I dunno why I'm not into watches of any kind, I'm not really into jewelry either. My bf doesn't like wearing watches either but he says he's always fancied a g-shock.

The protrek watches... they aren't classed as proper g-shocks are they? He fancies one of them as he likes climbing mountains & mountain biking. But then he saw a black limited edition japanese G70 summitorother and said he fancied that too. What have I started?! :| lol

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The protrek watches... they aren't classed as proper g-shocks are they?
They're not G-Shocks but they do get discussed here. They're good watches and probably ideal for what he'll be using it for. Get him to join the forum, and we'll help you pick out each other's Christmas watches. ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how do I PM steelfish?

I don't really know how much I want, didn't have a specific figure in mind (hence why i stuck it on ebay at 99p starting bid). My bf says he saw one on a korean website called vipwatches and converted the currency and it came out as £60 - which surprised me! I have listed it on ebay though and it's due to end tomorrow with a highest bid currently of £31.

I don't want to break any forum rules by posting a link to the auction here, but I have already listed it in the f'or sale' section, under ebay auctions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
lol I would like to think he's got me my Christmas present already - he bloody better have!

I'll tell him to get his bum on the forum though!

edit: i meant to ask, where can I find the casio website for protrek watches? I had a look but couldn't find it, protrek watches weren't even on the main casio watch site!

·
Registered
289 Posts
lol I would like to think he's got me my Christmas present already - he bloody better have!

I'll tell him to get his bum on the forum though!
Hey now, just cause we're sometimes slow at picking out the right gift doesn't mean we don't care or that it won't be good.

But welcome and welcome to him too...

Nothing wrong with a girlie in red boots.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts