WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I recently bought my Hamilton Khaki King automatic online used and so it is probably fine (I think), I am just making sure with people more familiar with automatics and ETA movements than I. So, my question to you is this: how smoothly should the second hand sweep? On this watch it is just enough that it is not a fluid motion, almost as if it is moving 30+ times in 5 seconds or such. The movement is definitely the genuine article, so I thought I would make sure there is nothing wrong with the movement (that it isn't going to break on me!). Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think that movement is 28800 bph which would be 8 per second. Everything sounds ok. Enjoy your new watch:-! Gsm

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that movement is 28800 bph which would be 8 per second. Everything sounds ok. Enjoy your new watch:-! Gsm
Thanks for the info :) really appreciate it. Just being overly cautious ;-)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not entirely sure what you're comparing it to. A mechanical escapement ticks, just typically 4-8 times a second.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Does the watch keep accurate time?

If yes, then it must be beating fine....

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
You've got a serious problem then because that should be a HI-BEAT 28.0 KBPH, eight beats in a second not six!
Don't upset the man. He didn't say he counted out 30 beats in 5 minutes, he said as if. It turns out it was 40. Close enough for a naked eye estimation.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok thanks for tip!

Thirty beats in five minutes would be caning, and a slow one at that for whoever would try and pass one off as high-beat but not honest deserving of whippings and death everlasting!

K...

Don't upset the man. He didn't say he counted out 30 beats in 5 minutes, he said as if. It turns out it was 40. Close enough for a naked eye estimation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts