WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read Omega manual but it is not clear to me on how move the clasp's notch to another the hole to make the strap size smaller. o| I assume I need to move the 2 sides of the clasp to detach from the strap side with holes? I tried to find video on how to do this but I couldn't. Could someone explain this to me or point me to the video? I hate to mess up the strap and/or the clasp. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just as you pointed out, you need to detach de strap from the sides, slide the strap and reattach. There's not much to it. Although I do admit that every time you detach/attach the strap the deployant pinches it and I fear with time it might end up damaging the straps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You have to kind of pry/push it up from underneath so that the strap goes over the top of the pin that pokes through the hole in the strap, then kind of pinch the strap on its edges between your fingers so that it bows a bit and slide it back (or forwards, depending) to the new hole you want, and then pop the pin back through the new hole, making sure the edges are back in the guides.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Squeeze the strap gently on both sides until it bows a bit, then slide both sides out. Adjust strap to desired length, bow the strap back again to shrink the width then pop it into place and call it good.

Reactions: GTTIME and khoalety

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you so much for all your suggestions. It wasn't helpful for me to cut all my fingernails last night. :( I couldn't seem to move the 2 sides so I moved the leather and it worked after a few wiggles. I got it, I think. I used the hole before last one. It is still loose but I could barely get the watch through my hand; therefore it has to be it. :(

I will post pictures tonight. :) Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thank you so much for all your suggestions. It wasn't helpful for me to cut all my fingernails last night. :( I couldn't seem to move the 2 sides so I moved the leather and it worked after a few wiggles. I got it, I think. I used the hole before last one. It is still loose but I could barely get the watch through my hand; therefore it has to be it. :(

I will post pictures tonight. :) Thanks again for all your help.
You're not supposed to move the sides of the clasp. You're supposed to bend the leather.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're not supposed to move the sides of the clasp. You're supposed to bend the leather.
Leave it to me... I will make an easy issue into a complicated one. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I actually had it backwards, dug out my PO rubber on deployment and took a few pics. *First* you have to pinch strap's edges on either side of guides on end of clasp, and squeeze it inwards so that it bows out and can be removed from underneath the guides:

and *then* you have to pop it off the little pin holding it in so that you can slide:

Then you put it in desired hole and reverse.
You know, I don't know what happened to the post-entering software, but in order to actually insert line breaks in the entered text I was forced to do this text in notepad, then copy/paste it in this window, as it will *not* let me enter line breaks!! Oh, well...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually had it backwards, dug out my PO rubber on deployment and took a few pics. *First* you have to pinch strap's edges on either side of guides on end of clasp, and squeeze it inwards so that it bows out and can be removed from underneath the guides:

and *then* you have to pop it off the little pin holding it in so that you can slide:

Then you put it in desired hole and reverse.
You know, I don't know what happened to the post-entering software, but in order to actually insert line breaks in the entered text I was forced to do this text in notepad, then copy/paste it in this window, as it will *not* let me enter line breaks!! Oh, well...
Thank you so much for the pictures. :) After the 2nd adjustment, I'm now comfortable with this process. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Glad I could be of help! Oh, one thing I forgot: make sure you're totally clear of the guides before you slide it, lest you scratch your strap!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread because I actually had trouble with this having never used the Omega deployant system. Super useful. Thanks, improviz!

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts