WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an Oris Big Date with the standard Oris brown leather strap and deployment clasp for Christmas (yes, I opened it a little early, but my other watch is in the shop, so I talked my wife into it!).

It is the first watch I have owned with a leather strap and a deployment clasp. I need to adjust the size, but am not sure how to do this. I suspect it is very easy, but am afraid I will bend or break something if I don't do it right.

I have looked at the manual and the Oris website, but no help there. Is there another website or source that can take me thru the process?

Thanks

·
1,263 Posts
I had the same question when I got my first Oris deployant.

The deployant should have a push button on each side. Push one of them in - a little more than when you just release the clasp. I used a push pin tool, but a mechanical pencil will work also. Be careful so it doesn't slip and scratch it - maybe put a small patch of masking tape on the tip of the pencil.

When you get it pushed in, the U-shaped piece that has "Oris" written on should lift off. Then you can take the part with the prong off and move it to another hole.

Reinstall the U-shaped part and you should be done.

Chris

·
Banned
314 Posts
I had the same question when I got my first Oris deployant.

The deployant should have a push button on each side. Push one of them in - a little more than when you just release the clasp. I used a push pin tool, but a mechanical pencil will work also. Be careful so it doesn't slip and scratch it - maybe put a small patch of masking tape on the tip of the pencil.

When you get it pushed in, the U-shaped piece that has "Oris" written on should lift off. Then you can take the part with the prong off and move it to another hole.

Reinstall the U-shaped part and you should be done.

Chris
Thanks for your post...I just purchased an Oris Big Date and couldn't figure out the weird deployment it uses, now I can finally where the watch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts