WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
It’s just a later variant with a different dial code. Not the same as the earlier 6009t dial.
There's really something new I learn everyday from this great forum...thanks for taking time to share!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, nice to be in this forum. I'm new here and about to make my 1st 6139 purchase. Tons of info here, very glad that I found this thread. Before I finalise the buy, I would like to share the pics of the watch sent by the seller. I couldn't find anything wrong with it, but would appreciate the opinions from the experts here before I pull the trigger

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello gentlemen. Does this look genuine? The case seems yo be a little beat up.

Chronograph works, the inner bezel ring works. Movt is a bit rusty though.

Please shed your thoughts

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Back in the day--when I was not as educated nor discerning when purchasing vintage watches--I bought a Pogue (circa 1977?) that appears to be a 6139-6002 (dial number 6030-R/movement number 6139B). However, I believe I may have purchased a frankenwatch that I hope to nearly return to its original condition. So far it appears that the case back and stem are not original/incorrect. I believe everything else is original. So I have a few questions for the experts:

Note: the watch is disassembled, so no photos. Gold dial with white inner rotating ring, Pepsi bezel, chronograph.

1) The case back is numbered 6139-8030. As stated, I believe the watch is a 6139-6002. And the second character of the six-digit serial number is a letter ("N"). I'm guessing I have the wrong case back. Also, from an ethical standpoint, in my endeavor to seek near originality, would it be misleading to purchase a 6139-6002 case back as a replacement, knowing the serial numbers are not in fact associated with the rest of the watch? Also, would I be overpaying for a 6139-6002 case back in good condition (one major scratch) with an asking price of $150?

2) The rotating white inner ring moves far too easily. That's why I believe this watch came with the 354617 stem, which doesn't have a second rectangular cube for securing the gear that rotates the ring when the crown is in the first (closed) position. I believe I need the 357612 stem. I believe this latter stem will keep the inner ring from moving so easily, which it does by simply wearing it. Thoughts? And thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Back in the day--when I was not as educated nor discerning when purchasing vintage watches--I bought a Pogue (circa 1977?) that appears to be a 6139-6002 (dial number 6030-R/movement number 6139B). However, I believe I may have purchased a frankenwatch that I hope to nearly return to its original condition. So far it appears that the case back and stem are not original/incorrect. I believe everything else is original. So I have a few questions for the experts:

Note: the watch is disassembled, so no photos. Gold dial with white inner rotating ring, Pepsi bezel, chronograph.

1) The case back is numbered 6139-8030. As stated, I believe the watch is a 6139-6002. And the second character of the six-digit serial number is a letter ("N"). I'm guessing I have the wrong case back. Also, from an ethical standpoint, in my endeavor to seek near originality, would it be misleading to purchase a 6139-6002 case back as a replacement, knowing the serial numbers are not in fact associated with the rest of the watch? Also, would I be overpaying for a 6139-6002 case back in good condition (one major scratch) with an asking price of $150?

2) The rotating white inner ring moves far too easily. That's why I believe this watch came with the 354617 stem, which doesn't have a second rectangular cube for securing the gear that rotates the ring when the crown is in the first (closed) position. I believe I need the 357612 stem. I believe this latter stem will keep the inner ring from moving so easily, which it does by simply wearing it. Thoughts? And thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I came across this today. A Fiji guide from 1975 with a nice advertisement inside :)
Muscle Poster Publication Book Art
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Material property

Not much extra detail, but here is a 300dpi crop.
Watch Brown Analog watch Product Clock

81 - 90 of 90 Posts