WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I bought this seiko watch at an estate sale for $5 and I purchased a band off Amazon. I like the look of it, but it seems to be in need of a cleaning to have it restored to working condition. The dials all move, but doesn't keep time. How much should I expect to spend to have it cleaned and/or restored?

This is my first post (actually my second since I posted this under watch reviews but thought it was better suited here). Thank you for your time in advance. I've enjoyed reading as much as I could find on this site already. Judging by other posts it seems to be all original parts. I'm really wondering if it's going to be more expensive to buy an already working one or fix the one I have. I'm going to take it into a jeweler next week. Thanks again!

· Registered
9 Posts
First up... STLCardsFan (care to explain that one.?) Cardinals? fan?? Anyways I digress..
$5.00.... what a great buy! Incredible value.... That is, unless that watch is running "around" (C.O.S.C) and you can do your own search on what that means..
I am not all that up to date with Seiko service prices. You have a great watch, but be prepared to spend at a minimum of another (approximate, I am conservatively guessing) $300 to get your watch up and running. That's just a guess for a mechanical, not including replacement crystals.. etc..
Yep $5.00 is great, but with that comes a responsibility...
BTW, my figures could be way out, but could be conservative also..

All the best... AND keep posting..
I took it to a shop in Dallas and they said $200. I passed and took it to a mom and pop shop in my girlfriends home town. They cleaned it and found it to be working just fine after they cleaned it. I've been wearing it everyday since. Great watch!

· Registered
9 Posts
Were particular years made better than others? I see that people are in search of specific month and year models.

I just picked one up with the caseback "marked JAPAN A 762812" ... can anyone shed information on this serial? I'm thinking June of '77, seeing as it has the earlier JAPAN A stamped case, but I could be wrong.
I think people are looking for birth months/years right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.