WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here I will update some special models that I have opened for battery change from time to time. I will try to show
the replacement batteries with it for further reference.

Gaussman (MIY)

Wademan. This was one that brought some serious sweat on my forehead...
Try not to move the
modue in the case, but just only change the battery. Sensor modules are very sensitive and the
sensors can be easily destroyed.

Riseman (MIY):

Remove the screws on the side (5) and the back protector comes easily off. The rest is actually as a
normal G-Shock. Try not to move the modue in the case, but just only change the battery. Sensor modules
are very sensitive and the sensors can be easily destroyed.

Mudman: Actually this is an oversized DW-6900. Battery change is not too difficult.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here the pics of an opened Gaussman. Its an old abused one, but a new one should look similar inside;-):

When you remove the back you will find something like this. A back shock absorber plate. The other side is made of metal. Also you should see clearly the alarm spring.

A better view,

Now you can't overlook that spring I guess...

When the back plate is removed, you'll find this 2 battery module. They are pretty hard to get out of their battery holders when the lids are released:

The Batteries, SR626W and LR926 (a.k.a. SR927SW).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sjors
Great posts, alot of very useful information and excellent pictures. I have a GW300-1A (2608). I wish I had done a google search sooner to find this information. I had lost my book for this watch and like the watch alot, so I openned the watch to find out what battery was inside to go buy a new one. My grand daughter got a hold of it while disassembled and after much distress I located all the parts again. My problem is I need a good pictoral of this model showing which spring goes where inside this watch. I have become a fan of your posts and find them very useful. I hope you or anyone out there can help me with this issue.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sjors, do you have any instructions for opening up a Protrek/Pathfinder? I now have a PAW-1200 that I'm going to have to consider replacing the rechargeable CTL1616 in. I know there's a thread for doing this, but it's not on a PAW and there's an unusual strap fitting as well as more to damage inside!

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi Sjors...

Congratulations...

u have some instructions for replacing battery for GW 9200 Riseman?

Greetings

Decarr

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great post Sjors...I have recently been whipping my G-Shock collection back into shape replacing batteries and such. It took me some time but finally came across your post. I guess I should have started in the WUS forums. Regards,

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts