Funny thing is, same exact guide can be used to :
- how to create a unique successful Bauhaus watchbrand
- how to create a unique successful Submariner-stile Dive watchbrand
....etc.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
For all Kickstarter and homage entrepreneurs, I'd also suggest:
- put a semi-random 4 digit # that seems like a historical date on the dial or case or title. - Something like 1853 or 1789 or 1916 may be cool
- Mention where it is designed or conceived (not made) on the dial - "Designed in USA" or "Swiss Inspired" in tiny font may really help drive sales
- Add to the watch mystique by making cool sounding but meaningless marketing claims.. like "Searched galaxy far and wide for best materials" (cause steel is good), or "Researched from Alaska to Argentina for best lume" (Technically anywhere outside of polar caps fits here), or "Our watchmakers worked on this design for the last decade" (in between playing call of duty, getting drunk, and watching real housewives of Guangzhou)

·
Premium Member
22,558 Posts
Designed in Switzerland... while I waiting at a McDonalds for my train.

Reactions: imaCoolRobot

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sending to all my friends in the kickstarter biz. They are going to kill me!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Heh funny read. I don't know who to give credit to, so if you wrote this, props to you (Georg & Evans) :p
How to create a unique/successful minimalist watchbrand - Album on Imgur
Don't forget the word "true", as in "true stories", "true craftsmanship" and so on. This immediately calls it out for all people who would otherwise think it was "false". And you wouldn't want that. Also, the fatuous use of "true" comes recommended for social medication use by Aeschlimann, the head of Omega, who designed the watch that sent man to the moon (see "true stories", above)

·
Registered
15,426 Posts
I'm posting this on the comments of the watch ads I see all the time on Facebook

1 - 13 of 13 Posts