WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given an Aeromatic 1912 which is not working. I assume it requires a new battery. However, I can't for the life of me work out how to get the back off. Because there are no screw ports/notches I figured that it is a snap back, but I can find no lip to prise it off. Has anyone had the back off one of these if so how did you do it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
are you planning to change the battery by yourself, a pic or two on the caseback would really help, if not for the eye candy ;)
but if u plan to bring it to watch maker, there'll be no problem i believe.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some pics please.

Usually it's just pop to open or twist to open.
Yep, sorry guys. Hope these help. You will notice a small eliptical shape at the 12 o'clock end and there is also another one at the 6 p'clock end, but there is no slit to work a case opener in.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
That looks like a snap-on case, so you'd have to push down in those ellipsoid cutouts. Maybe that's why they are there.

Mind, I'm just guessing, so don't go hammering on it just yet.

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
and would it not be mechanical ? :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it!! Used a Sylvania retractable blade on its side with about 5 minutes worth of light tapping until it opened up enough to wedge a knife in and then a twist. You don't get much more mechanical than that. :))

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Got it!! Used a Sylvania retractable blade on its side with about 5 minutes worth of light tapping until it opened up enough to wedge a knife in and then a twist. You don't get much more mechanical than that. :))
was it a quartz or a mechanical movement as we could not see it's face has got us wondering as they do both types ? :)

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Usually there's little levers/indentations that you have to press with a needle or suchlike. Hard to tell from that picture, maybe these circled ones? Also, what you can do is pull the crown in/out and see if there's any noticeable movement going on - maybe a lever shows up or something; in that case, try pushing down on it to pull it out.

Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Analog watch Metal

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Usually there's little levers/indentations that you have to press with a needle or suchlike. Hard to tell from that picture, maybe these circled ones? Also, what you can do is pull the crown in/out and see if there's any noticeable movement going on - maybe a lever shows up or something; in that case, try pushing down on it to pull it out.

View attachment 1614251
thanks is for that great tip, I'll have a look. Sorry for the terrible photo just have an older Android phone to take pics on. You can't tell from that photo but the stem is threaded.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The top circled hole has what looks like a little lever that moves across when I pull out the stem to the set position. I will have a play around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts