WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello WUS members,

Relatively new member in community here, I have several watches that I don't wear anymore and am looking to free up some capital to fund new pieces.
I have sold several random stuffs on ebay years ago but the platform has become much more scarier because of scammers and lowballers.

Is there any tip you guys would recommend selling on WUS? (how to get the watch sold fast at a reasonable price? what buyers looking for when buying a used watch?, etc.)

Thank you for advice!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Extracted from above:

Each sales post must have a good description of the watch (very important because we don't allow discussions in this forum!). Here's an example:

Condition: mint
Movement: Swiss ETA 2836-2 automatic
Crystal: sapphire crystal, with anti-reflection treatment
Case: titanium and steel case
Dimensions: 39.5 mm diameter, 12.5 height
Caseback: screw-in, steel
Crown: screw-down
Dial: black dial
Strap/bracelet: rubber strap with deployant
WR: 100 meters

No need for a storybook behind the watch. Clearly state any flaws and what's included. Provide good pictures about those flaws and the overall watch package. Look through the sales corner to get an idea of what are good, complete ads and what are lazy ads.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Easy to read description with full information on condition, issues, etc

Clear understanding of your pricing, shipping, and payment methods

Excellent and multiple pictures

Respond in a timely fashion to any inquires

Lots of great examples of great ads on the Sales Forum. Look at those from established members to get an idea on what a good ad should look like.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hello WUS members,

Relatively new member in community here, I have several watches that I don't wear anymore and am looking to free up some capital to fund new pieces.
I have sold several random stuffs on ebay years ago but the platform has become much more scarier because of scammers and lowballers.

Is there any tip you guys would recommend selling on WUS? (how to get the watch sold fast at a reasonable price? what buyers looking for when buying a used watch?, etc.)

Thank you for advice!

Post good photos that accurately depict the condition of the watch. Provide all the pertinent info for a prospective buyer (brand, model, case diameter, lug to lug, case thickness, crystal material, movement, water resistance rating). Disclose any known defects. Look up other sales of the same or similar watch to see what to price it at. That's about it. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Be honest, research what the watch is really selling for if you want to sell it relatively quickly, respond when asked questions, good pics. Don't get discouraged or upset by low ballers. Be clear on terms, such as payment type accepted, and shipping. Don't put "net to me" or "you pay PayPal fees", price that in yourself, don't complicate it for the buyer. Exception would be if you have a "CONUS" post and international buyer, then negotiate international shipping.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys so much for excellent detailed respond

I have several concerns I'd like to ask:

What payment methods are buyers usually comfortable when purchasing new watch? I've seen people prefer PayPal for buyers' protection but it could be sellers' pain if buyers have remorse for unreasonable reasons. How should we deal with this?

How important are feedbacks in buyers' perspective? Would new sellers have trouble selling because he/she have little to no feedbacks?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing is as good for sale as 50% off the fair market value.
Sorry but I pretty much entirely disagree with this

There would be a very annoying buying experience if someone's selling cheap, but recklessly ship out watches, poor communication, poor customer service, watches arrive not as described. Or even worse, buyers got scammed because "if something too good to be true, it usually is"

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Easy to read description with full information on condition, issues, etc

Clear understanding of your pricing, shipping, and payment methods

Excellent and multiple pictures

Respond in a timely fashion to any inquires

Lots of great examples of great ads on the Sales Forum. Look at those from established members to get an idea on what a good ad should look like.

Good luck!
Noted! Thank you for your respond!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be honest, research what the watch is really selling for if you want to sell it relatively quickly, respond when asked questions, good pics. Don't get discouraged or upset by low ballers. Be clear on terms, such as payment type accepted, and shipping. Don't put "net to me" or "you pay PayPal fees", price that in yourself, don't complicate it for the buyer. Exception would be if you have a "CONUS" post and international buyer, then negotiate international shipping.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Post good photos that accurately depict the condition of the watch. Provide all the pertinent info for a prospective buyer (brand, model, case diameter, lug to lug, case thickness, crystal material, movement, water resistance rating). Disclose any known defects. Look up other sales of the same or similar watch to see what to price it at. That's about it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
All are good suggestions. Having sold a few here and on the Bay I'll underline:

1. Good photos from different angles.
2. Honest description- if it has scratches, runs off spec or anything that might give you pause state it. That way it won't come back to bite you.
3. Emphasize what you like about it.
4. Avoid the reasons why you are selling it. Nobody cares and it sounds contrived.
5. Avoid pricing it like it's your child. Do your homework and sell it for a lower price than comparables.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Provide the buyer with want you would like as a buyer:

1) A good honest description of the watch. If it has scratches, say so. If it runs slow, say so., etc.
2) Lot of clear photos from every angle with all hands visible.
3) State where you are willing to ship and where you are not.

I'm sure others here will tell you what else to do.

Cheers and best of luck!

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Precise, honest, detailed description with pictures to back it up.
Steer clear of superlatives like "fantastic", "rare", "stunning" etc.
Don't use the word "mint" followed by the words " except for"
Stick with the facts and be short on the "story" (things like only worn to church every other Sunday)

Be patient. Even the best sales post can take awhile to reach the right person.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Best things I have found for great sales are macro pics...
clear description of all flaws
Any problems at all disclose
Try to answer all questions in ad
So it makes life simpler for you and buyer
You will always get low ballers
That is just a fact of life now
But doing all of this will
Assure buyers you are serious
And want no problems and want happy buyers
Stay safe out there
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Thank you guys so much for excellent detailed respond

I have several concerns I'd like to ask:

What payment methods are buyers usually comfortable when purchasing new watch? I've seen people prefer PayPal for buyers' protection but it could be sellers' pain if buyers have remorse for unreasonable reasons. How should we deal with this?

How important are feedbacks in buyers' perspective? Would new sellers have trouble selling because he/she have little to no feedbacks?

Your stuck with online payment systems as you don’t have a history for buyers trusting you for wire transfer. Maybe you could accept a check. Remember, if you distrust a buyer the buyer also distrusts you. So at least your on equal footing. You might add.. sale is final with no return, in your add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts