WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colibri double hunter skeleton pocket watch that my wife gave me a few years ago that has consistently run a bit slow. Now that I've started learning about watch movements and repair, I was going to see if I couldn't regulate the movement, but I'm unsure how to get to the movement in this case. I was hoping someone with experience on these could help out. It's essentially the same as this watch:

colibri_pocket_watch by Ninjak2k, on Flickr

Other than where the latch is for the outer lids, I don't see any lips or obvious places to pry. It was suggested that this is a snap-back case, but I don't see a good place I would be able to use a case knife. Many thanks for your time.

~Dan

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Should just flip down like your picture esp if a double hunter case. If not wanting to put a knife in the edge then just use a rubber sucker if you have one around the house.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should just flip down like your picture esp if a double hunter case. If not wanting to put a knife in the edge then just use a rubber sucker if you have one around the house.
Joeuk, the outside protective covers operate fine, just like the pictures. It's how to access the movement with crystals on each side that I'm asking about.

~Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan, there must be a place to put a knife into to pop the back off. Try looking around the edge with a loupe. I can't image it would come out through the front.
I'll go back over it with a loupe. With my eye, the only place I can see to pry it down near the hinge for the outer back cover and I don't see how I would be able to get a case knife into there.

~Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts