WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Can anyone here direct me where to learn about the harware and software needed to program the typical LCD watch modules? I am trying to get a prototype built for a watch idea I have with different funtions when the buttons are pressed on the watch. For example, there is a watch available at sporting goods stores now that tracks the Home & Visitor's pitch counts for baseball. The watch I want to make would do a similar function but would track more information. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,564 Posts
Hello, Can anyone here direct me where to learn about the harware and software needed to program the typical LCD watch modules? I am trying to get a prototype built for a watch idea I have with different funtions when the buttons are pressed on the watch. For example, there is a watch available at sporting goods stores now that tracks the Home & Visitor's pitch counts for baseball. The watch I want to make would do a similar function but would track more information. Thank you.
Existing watch modules are typically ASIC's (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) and not programmable (more accurately in this case, re-programmable).

Your best bet would be to take your performance requirements to a software house with connections to a chip prototyper. That would get you the logic you want on a chip.

You would still be faced with the challenge of integrating that with a display, a power supply and the necessary hardware (e.g. buttons) to make it all work.

Then you'd have to stick it all in a case that resembles a watch.

Bottom line - it would be a very expensive project requiring a lot of specialized expertise and custom manufacturing capabilities.

Not something someone outside the industry could accomplish.

Sorry :-(

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
if you're serious about it, i'd create a fully-realized emulation of the design in flash, document the concept as your original creation, and market the concept to a couple digital watch manufacturers. definitely get some legal advice along the way. good luck. |>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts