WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To buy a watch that does not afraid of moisture weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
32 Posts
just like the title, how to protect our watch in the moisture weather? does anyone share some experience? thanks a lot

·
Registered
19,877 Posts
To buy a watch that does not afraid of moisture weather.

Buy a Rolex, Che wore a Sub when he was fighting in the rainforest.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mine are afraid of cats. Just buy a dive watch, they are trained against the moisture.

Sent from my EG680 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Waterproof watch and a non-leather strap should get you thru the rainy season just fine. Keep that crown screwed down.
Are you aware ..... not every screw down crown helps water resistance ..... Rolex for one Does but not all screw down crowns are alike .....

The weakest part of a wristwatch is at the crown, and the screw down mechanism protects the crown from damage due to bangs. However, most screw down crowns do Not have O-rings or seals inside them .....

The Rolex Oysters have a minimum of Two except for the Sub and SD which have a total of Three ..... a Rolex patent

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Are you aware ..... not every screw down crown helps water resistance ..... Rolex for one Does but not all screw down crowns are alike .....

The weakest part of a wristwatch is at the crown, and the screw down mechanism protects the crown from damage due to bangs. However, most screw down crowns do Not have O-rings or seals inside them .....

The Rolex Oysters have a minimum of Two except for the Sub and SD which have a total of Three ..... a Rolex patent
Thank you for heightening my awareness. That's all well and good, but I'm still pretty sure it's best practice to keep a screw-down crown, like, screwed down.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
For the best WR get a dive watch but there are plenty of 100m "dress" watches out there.
I love Orient Star watches, I have a small collection of these among few others.
Most are dressy but still 100m WR so no need to worry.

Right now I am wearing my Seiko Alpinist on a dark green NATO, summers tend to get pretty sweaty over here so it's the perfect combo plus very very comfy. I like bracelets also but not around the house.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Don't wear it on a rainy/humid day? Short of that . . . vacuum seal? :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts