WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Ok just bought this watch and its all scratched, so would like to remove bracelet and give it a good clean.

I cannot see any access to the spring bars on the underside of the watch just a pin hole on the outside of the lug ..

i tried pressing the pins in but they dont seem to move..

any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
my guess is the hole you see shows it is held together by a spring bar or a solid pin. Push it with a paper clip tip to see if it compresses.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Happy to chime in here.

I've dealt with many Kirium Bracelets. I must advise though, if you don't need to remove the bracelet from the case, then don't. You could actually scratch up the case trying.

If you decide to continue..

1. Open the clasp . There is a mini spring bar in side the hinge assembly, just inside one of the 2 or 3 hole area. This will open the bracelet up.

2. Next you need the correctly size punch to hammer out the compression pin and barrel you have pictured. The Kirium uses these at the case (larger) and in each removeable link.

3. I punch the pin out about 40% then pull out with mini needle nose pliers. Watch out for compression barrel inside the bracelet link its easy to lose.

4. To reassemble, just reverse the process. When you get close to getting the pin flush with the case, place a small polishing cloth over the pin and push it through. Then hammer it flush. This will protect the case from hammer damage.

Again... if you don't need to remove, don't Especially if you don't have the right tools. Maybe just opening the bracelet at the clasp hinge will be enough,

Please give an update on your progress.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Can the compression pin be hammered out from either side, or is it thicker on a certain side? I've always been afraid that I may wind up wedging it in too far for removal by attacking the wrong end of the pin.:think:

·
Registered
836 Posts
In my experience, punching from either side was never a problem. I've removed Kirium Case from bracelet 10+ times for polishing.

Cheers,
David

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Good to know, now I can try the rubber strap on my Kirium F1, once I save up about 400 + $ for the strap & clasp (not going for the silicone).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts