WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen threads pop up from time to time regarding how to remove a Tudor Pelagos endlink as the tolerances are so darn tight that it can be a near impossible task. No matter what you try it can be a challenge. Here are a couple of tips to help out that I found through trial and error:

1. Press the endlink towards the back of the watch. So what do I mean by that? Many people will push the endlink away from them as they try to remove it which is the natural way to do it. However, with these buggers you need to do the opposite. As you take out one side of the endlink, use you index finger of your off hand (hand that is holding the watch) and push the endlink towards you (ie: towards the back of the watch). Then after you release the other side the link will pop out.

2. The right tool is a must. I've tried all kinds of things....Toothpick....Spring bar remover....fork......verbal abuse....but the one tool I found to work the best?

thumb_tack2.jpg

Yes my friends, using just this really expensive piece of equipment you can remove the endlink from a Tudor Pelagos in less than 10 seconds (if on the strap). The bracelet is a bit more difficult due to the bracelet getting in the way but it can be done in less than a minute per side with enough practice. I found the spring bar tools to be too difficult as they were harder to control and resort to the above trusty tool when needing to change between strap and bracelet on my Pelagos.

Edit: Added a video of how to do it with the bracelet as well.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Re: How To: Remove Tudor Pelagos Endlink with only a thumbtack

Real solid throwing this up. Right on.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Nice video and explanation. I've used an Exacto knife with similar results. I think this will help a lot of people by seeing what the process looks like. It's really not difficult.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thank you for the great tips & video. It will be very helpful for when I change over to the rubber strap.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts

Great demonstration video John :-!

·
Registered
136 Posts

This was great. There are far too many youtube tutorial videos that take 10 min to demonstrate (and to explain the histories of spring bars, straps, and strap change tools) what you accomplished in 10 secs. Bravo :)

Reactions: aabikrman

·
Registered
2,315 Posts

Holly crap. Wish i'd seen this before I wasted 2 hours removing mine once. Considering I'm re-buying the watch, it's good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts

Yeah but the day I was packing it, I had second thoughts, but was too late. This is a watch anyone would regret selling. The owner just has to accept it's simplicity and boring understated looks and feel. I'm used to stainless steel watches with some bling and this is quite the opposite...which is also it's charm but does take getting used to. Comfort wise, I've never worn a more comfortable diver.

sold yours already?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

thanks for the tips! nice video you shared to make the process easier for people that have never done that yet.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

Holly crap. Wish i'd seen this before I wasted 2 hours removing mine once. Considering I'm re-buying the watch, it's good to know, thanks!
Already?!
Must be a nice watch.
Maybe I should have jumped and bought yours when I had the chance!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

Already?!
Must be a nice watch.
Maybe I should have jumped and bought yours when I had the chance!
Perhaps the second time is a charm.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts

Yeah but the day I was packing it, I had second thoughts, but was too late. This is a watch anyone would regret selling. The owner just has to accept it's simplicity and boring understated looks and feel. I'm used to stainless steel watches with some bling and this is quite the opposite...which is also it's charm but does take getting used to. Comfort wise, I've never worn a more comfortable diver.
Nailed it right there.

Reactions: leicashot

·
Registered
537 Posts

Is this the same process for black bay and grantour ?
Hiw tough is it to put bracelet back on?
thanks fir video

·
Registered
2,315 Posts

Is this the same process for black bay and grantour ?
Hiw tough is it to put bracelet back on?
thanks fir video

Doing it with regular watch tools, took me nearly an hour to remove the bracelet, and 30seconds to put back on.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Thank for the instruction! Works great!
After a couple of band replacements I noticed that spring bar tips are sitting little free in the spring bar tube. When the bracelet installed, I see little play of tips during pushing the strap (or bracelet) from side to side. I don't know if it was before I started to change the braclet. Now I am worry about springbar weakness
Can anybody confirm please if there is any play of the spring bar tips?
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts