WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's like the title says i want to kill my watch it has been closed in a drawer by almost a week and it isn't dead yet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
It's like the title says i want to kill my watch it has been closed in a drawer by almost a week and it isn't dead yet. Any suggestions?
It depends on the current charge level. If it is on High then it will take several months before it dies (6-9 months). My GXW-56E King G-Shock took 6 months with the watch placed face down before it went dead and it was on Medium charge before I put it that way. But I did not do that on purpose, I just for some strange reason forgot to wear my king for that long. It took me 2 weeks under the kitchen counter light to charge it back to full again.

But why do you want to kill your watch on purpose?:think:

Are you trying to trick your parents into buying you a new watch? "Look daddy, my watch is not working can you buy me a new one?":rodekaart:-d:-d:-d

Sorry about the speculation, I do not know your age but that is the first thought that went through my mind. I remember one time when I was 17 that I took out the battery of my old Casio watch so that I could argue with my mom "Look it is broken can I get a new one for my birthday?"(and yes I managed to get a new one that way) Oh what addiction does bad things to you...:rodekaart:-d

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it for christmas, i just want to kill it because it is late and although the signal reception is on it doesn't corrects itself the only thing that is right is the date so i thought that if i killed him it would corrects.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I got it for christmas, i just want to kill it because it is late and although the signal reception is on it doesn't corrects itself the only thing that is right is the date so i thought that if i killed him it would corrects.
You can manually adjust the time and date to show correct time. As for the atomic reception you need to find out what direction you get the best reception. Which city do you live in?

Typically due to a lot of radio interference during the day you will not get any reception until after midnight hours. Best reception is typically between 03-05 in the morning. Also you need to make sure you have set the correct home city in the watch settings otherwise it will attempt to sync with the incorrect tower signals.

There is no correlation between getting the watch synced and being in sleep mode. What is the model name on the watch you own?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I live in Braga. I own a WVQ500DA-2A.
Then you should set Lisbon as your home city time when setting the time.

I also suggest that the upper lug end watch be faced to the North to get best reception of the UK signal. But you live in an area that get about the same signal strength from both the UK and German signal and you are at the very edge of the reception area. So that gives a rather weak signal, so it might take a long time before getting the first successful sync. I suggest that you first just set your watch manually and then hopefully within a week or so will have synced with one of the towers.

Watch manual here:

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw3732.pdf

EDIT: After reading a little in that manual it appears your watch model are an older not very modern piece. Your model can only sync with 2 towers and it is adapted to work only with the towers in Japan and in the US. So you can not get a sync in Portugal! Was your watch bought in Europe? Just to verify this, does your watch have the numbers 3732 engraved at the back?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts