WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked one up, but it didn't come with a users manual. Anyone have one and can tell me how to adjust the bezel?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just picked one up, but it didn't come with a users manual. Anyone have one and can tell me how to adjust the bezel?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike
Did enough reading, found someone mentioning how on a review, to determine that I can just turn the bezel.

That just leaves learning how to wind the watch with the crown. I was happy to see this morning that I was able to wind the watch via the movement method.

Mike

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
That's pretty special.|>

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty special.|>
Thanks, I'm pretty excited about the watch. I like that it's a world timer and how it strikes a nice balance between dress and sporty..
It has the classic Ebel look with a little something extra.

Mike

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I made this up during some research I was doing into learning how to use a World Timer watch properly. Your Ebel falls into this category.
GMT_Timezones.PNG

Standard world timers have a ring or two of cities listed on either a bezel or on the dial. Basically, the cities are listed chronologically, with (in the case of your watch photo) GMT -0 starting, and then it moves around the bezel either +1 or -1 hour each increment. You can align a city with your hour hand, and then determine the current time in your target city by counting how many "GMT's" away it is.
Your watch also has the benefit of a rotating 24-hour ring, which is a second way of determining time in other cities.
This chart was inspired by a post from Chuck Maddox. I implemented an idea he had of starting at GMT 0 and moving West, like how the sun appears to move when viewed from earth.
I hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts