WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post. Want to start by saying thanks to all who post in the forum... your reviews, pics etc. were very helpful in choosing my new watch, an Orient 'Blue Mako' #CEM65002D.

I just received the new watch and it's my first mechanical watch :) However, I'm in trouble; I can't set the time on it :-s The manual that came with the watch doesn't help either. Here's what I have so far:

* I figured out how to change the date - you need to unscrew the ring around the top clicker button and then click it. The manual does not mention this.

* Now I have the day of the week showing accurately, BUT

* I can't figure out how to set the time/date. The manual says "Pull out the crown to the first click position", etc. However, I am unable to do so. I tried to use a bit of force but to no avail. I'm scared too much force can damage it. Do I need to unscrew the crown/something?? Please help!!! :-s

1st impressions:
The watch looks great :-!
It is heavy!! [compared to my current Casio]:think:

Looking forward to your help and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
First unscrew the crown, then pull it out once to change the date. To change the date, turn the crown down. Now pull out the crown once more to change the time. WHen you're done, push the crown back in twice and screw it back. Don't be too harsh!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First unscrew the crown, then pull it out once to change the date. To change the date, turn the crown down. Now pull out the crown once more to change the time. WHen you're done, push the crown back in twice and screw it back. Don't be too harsh!
It worked!! Thanks for the help!!:thanks

I have set the time using time.gov so let's see how well it works. I need to resize the band though before I can wear it about town.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts

I have set the time using time.gov so let's see how well it works. I need to resize the band though before I can wear it about town.
Cool. If you're not able to wear it yet around town, make sure you shake it often to keep it charged, so that you can measure time accuracy. Let us know what you find. Mine comes Wednesday. |>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I had set the time using time.gov so let's see how well it works. I need to resize the band though before I can wear it about town.
Thanks for the replies. I like the watch but haven't had a chance to have the band resized to wear it as yet [tomorrow hopefully]. I had set time on the watch but, as Powerband mentioned, it ran down and stopped so have to wear it for a day to get it charged up. Will post again once I've had it on for a few days.

I must mention than I was disappointed with Amazon (where I bought it) <|. They sent the watch in a sort of wrap-around "box" that wasn't even a box. Seems risky for a watch. Still, I suspect that the sturdy box that Orient provides was the main reason [and saves Amazon a few cents in costs probably].

Happy timing to Kyle and Powerband!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts