WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
In my efforts to find my ideal nylon strap, I've just got a bunch of Maratac Zulu's. The initial problem is that they are like cardboard!
Any suggestions for how you soften them up? Does putting them in the washing machine a few times do the trick?

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just give it some time, they soften up pretty fast.

The *real* question you should be asking is how can I prevent them from getting that godawful Zulu-Stank after a couple months.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts

The *real* question you should be asking is how can I prevent them from getting that godawful Zulu-Stank after a couple months.
In the washing machine attached to a trouser belt loop...it is the only way//:-!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I shower with my watches on and I don't have any issues with smells. I will say though, that after a shower and the strap dries it becomes stiffer and molds to my wrist. I like this much better. I also own a NATO strap which is much softer and another reason why I don't like them. The NATO maybe a better option for you since you like the softer material.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tom but for many of my watches the Nato is a little too thin and doesn't hold the weight of the watch well. So my search is for something; not as thick as a Rhino, not as thin as a std Timefactors Nato but as comfortable as both of these. The Zulu is about right for the thickness, it's just getting the comfort element sorted.

I'm also waiting for some of these to arrive to try ............

·
Registered
70 Posts

the stink is caused by us. You can remove it from the watch and wash it in a good de-greaser detergent and allow to dry. Works for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts