WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!

I am very new to stainless steel watches.. just got a new Seiko 5 with a stainless steel bracelet. This is my first stainless steel bracelet watch.

I usually wear rubber/nylon bands and so there were no general rules of thumbs or special care as to how to store it. I would just throw it around to my dresser or my desk etc without drying it or wipe it..

Now since this is my very first stainless steel bracelet, i am unaware of the special care, if any, that my watch needs i am very inexperienced.

Are there any tips i should know on how to store/care such a stainless steel bracelet while i'm not using it? (example: storing it in cool and dry place etc)
What are the things that i must do to it to ensure it stays healthy for years to come?

Would gladly learn from your experiences, much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The stainless steel used for bracelets is the same as the case and doesn't really need any special care other than an occasional clean with an old tooth brush and soapy water; as for storing the watch long term, make sure it's clean and dry and then store in a dry, dark (out of direct sunlight) location.

·
Registered
19,634 Posts
It's a Seiko 5, it will take care of you, not the other way around.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,485 Posts
Welcome to WUS! Those are good questions. To minimize scuffs be sure to store your watch in the box it came in rather than loose in a drawer or jewelery cabinet. Storage in a cool dry place is not really critical unless you live in a hot humid environment with no air conditioning. Keep the watch clean with either a towel or microfiber cleaning cloth. Be sure to post some pictures of that Seiko.

·
Registered
30,701 Posts
Learn to become one with a buffer and any scratches will be a non-issue.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
You should wash with soap and water and a light brush (toothbrush) on occasion. Ultimately dirt will build up in the links and will act as an abrasive, resutling in a loose bracelet over many years. Keep it clean and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The stainless steel used for bracelets is the same as the case and doesn't really need any special care other than an occasional clean with an old tooth brush and soapy water; as for storing the watch long term, make sure it's clean and dry and then store in a dry, dark (out of direct sunlight) location.
THIS^^^Enough said

·
Premium Member
63,991 Posts
SS bracelets are pretty robust so they need no special care. Just clean them as Peakay and Cedar have suggested and enjoy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much for your insights!!

I also managed to get myself a buffer, however they feel very rough and i don't really know how to use it.

I am still babying this watch.. Got it scratched a little bit but it hasn't been dropped yet (fortunately)..

Thanks again! I'm surely going to be storing it the right way as u guys mentioned!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts