WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am gonna bring my diver watch go to the beach, anybody knows how to use iPhone make a photo under water?

use PP bag?

What i have is Canon, iPhone, old sunsang,and the latest Huawei, seems need a water resistant phone

Here are some photos i made by Canon

Attachments

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
Water resistant phones are expensive and unreliable.

You could buy the Olympus TG5 and its Underwater Kit for $750.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great photos. I generally just purchase the life proof Waterproof housings. Just bought an iPhone X, hoping to have a new case by November to get some cool water photos in Exuma.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Go on fleabay. Check out Ikelite/Nikon combo. You can get a housing for a Nikon coolpix for $100 and the Coolix for around $50. This was my first underwater camera for diving and was good to 200'. I didn't take it further. Or go on Amazon and look at Nikon Coolpix U/W camera, Those go for about $250-300. U/W photography is a world all unto itself. Stay shallow enough that you have sunlight and you should be fine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wouldn’t trust my iPhone underwater regardless of the case. You can get a GoPro fairly reasonable with a floating hand grip. This shot is only in a pool, but the concept is the same. Plus I bet a GoPro takes better photos underwater than an iPhone.

31890F19-4FE1-4DBC-BA54-24F2CFA9518D.jpeg

·
Registered
245 Posts
I also would discourage the phone+waterproof case combo. I lost an iPhone in a Lifeproof case in the rain. You'd be better served by any of the number of point and shoot waterproof cameras out there, like the Fuji Finepix, the Nikon Coolpix, or Ricoh WG-50. You could also go for a 35mm Nikonos, easily available on eBay. An old GoPro would also do the trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts