WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up the new gravity master GRB-200 from an individual on Ebay, The watch connects to the app with no problems looks 100% as all my other new G's from a AD do has all the papers cards and ect. I ask because I wore it today for the first time and tonight the time was way off and the steps counter on the watch is way off. when I connected the app to the watch tonight the time did update but the step counter did not. it shoew 530 steps and the app shows 8k which is what my Fitbit shows.. So I am not sure what to look for on being a fake?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
pic?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it shows 530 steps on the watch, and 8k steps on fitbit app?
It shows 530 on the watch and 8k in the G-Shock app and 8k on my Fitbit on my other wrist. I wear my Fitbit to monitor my heart rate!

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
there arent any fakes of these (yet) and even if there were, do you think they could get everything 100%, including sensor and connectivity but stumble at an accurate step count?

i have the exact same watch but havent used the step counter enough to notice any discrepancies.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It shows 530 on the watch and 8k in the G-Shock app and 8k on my Fitbit on my other wrist. I wear my Fitbit to monitor my heart rate!
so basically the watch is detecting the steps since its the same as the fitbit...just not showing it on the watch...
so not sure how that is a fake...maybe just some bad firmware...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hey guys I just picked up the new gravity master GRB-200 from an individual on Ebay, The watch connects to the app with no problems looks 100% as all my other new G's from a AD do has all the papers cards and ect. I ask because I wore it today for the first time and tonight the time was way off and the steps counter on the watch is way off. when I connected the app to the watch tonight the time did update but the step counter did not. it shoew 530 steps and the app shows 8k which is what my Fitbit shows.. So I am not sure what to look for on being a fake?
Really doubt the watch is fake if it connects to Casio's app. My guess is this is just another instance of Casio's less than stellar software ecosystem. Casio makes great hardware, but their software is, well, let's just say not great.

Hopefully it will all sort itself out, but if not I'd recommend posting some more details about your setup (phone platform, OS version, app version, etc.) in hopes other members can share their insights. Barring any tips from other members, all I can suggest is deleting the app, unpairing the watch from your phone, reinstalling the app after a phone restart and crossing your fingers. Here are instructions for deleting the phone pairing from your watch, cut and pasted from the Module 5635 manual.

"Use the procedure below to delete the pairing information from the watch, and then re-pair the watch and phone.

1. Hold down (E) for at least two seconds to enter the Timekeeping Mode.

2. Hold down (D) for at least two seconds. Release the button when the name of the currently selected Home City appears on the display.

3. Press (D) to cause the seconds digits to flash.

4. Hold down (C) for at least two seconds. Release it when [PAIRCLR] stops flashing. This deletes the pairing information from the watch.

5. Press (D) to return to the Timekeeping Mode"

Reactions: ShaunAF and Motik

·
Registered
Ball Caps, G-Shocks & Divers
30 Posts
The level of technical knowledge it would take to clone Casio's closed source firmware and get it to work with Casio's proprietary app would be incredible. And not something anyone would invest the resources in, just to sell a fake watch.

I suspect it's just a bug in the firmware. Do what's described above or read the instruction manual and see if there's a way to safely reset the watch.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it looks like all is good today the watch preformed as designed.

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
The level of technical knowledge it would take to clone Casio's closed source firmware and get it to work with Casio's proprietary app would be incredible. And not something anyone would invest the resources in, just to sell a fake watch.

I suspect it's just a bug in the firmware. Do what's described above or read the instruction manual and see if there's a way to safely reset the watch.
Maybe so, but I would think that a computer electronics and computer components design genius could clone the parts if they knew how to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts