WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Pam 111, there is no hacking feature and the seconds hand doesn't stop when you turn the crown counter clockwise.

are there any ways to test the accuracy?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Since Unitas 6497 is a non-hacking movement, I'd just check the time against atomic clock while it is running and log deviation. Then check again 24 hrs later and see the difference in the deviation.
Since the seconds are on a small subdial, as long as it is reasonably accurate I would not worry about precision at any given time.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Adjust the time to the closest minute, either fast or slow, so that you can get the minute hand and second hand in sync. Now note the difference between your watch and your accurate time source. Wait 24 hours and recheck it. Just remember to add or subtract the difference of the two times before reading the actual daily rate.

·
Registered
18,292 Posts
Another vote for a tracker app.

I've tracked my SKX009 since the day I got it. The app syncs itself with a remote server as a reference, then asks you to tap the screen when your watch reaches a selected time.

Each time you run it and input a new data point, the app logs how far it has deviated from atomic time and how much it deviated since the last input.

I've used WatchTracker on each of my mechanicals, my bathroom clock, and even my G-Shock (which runs +0.2/day). I'd try it with my car radio's clock if it displayed the seconds.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Very easy.....use the stopwatch feature from your digital Casio, Timex, et cetera. When the second hand of your Pam hits 12, press start on the timer of your Casio/Timex digital watch. Observe how well your Pam is running after 24 hours have elapsed, and you will have a good idea of how accurate the Pam is.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I use my tag heuer chrono quartz .These should be accurate enough. As the seconds hand hits 2, start the chrono button and monitor it over a 12 or 24 hour period.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
When the seconds subdial on the watch hits zero, see what the seconds are at on your reference time. Write that down. When you check, later you'll know exactly how much the watch changed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check the timing in dial-up, dial-down winding crown-up and winding crown-down. 24hrs in each position. See if there's too much variation in any given position. Check it against an atomic or a good quartz watch is fine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The unitas can actually be hacked. You need the power reserve to be reasonable low however. Maybe just a couple of winds off dead. If you then gently apply counter-clockwise traction to the crown you will see the small seconds hand will actually stop where you want, then simply let the crown go when you're synced and off it will go again. Then just fully crank her up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On the Pam 111, there is no hacking feature and the seconds hand doesn't stop when you turn the crown counter clockwise.

are there any ways to test the accuracy?
If the watch is setup properly, you should be able to turn the crown anticlockwise and it stop. take it back to Panerai and tell them you cant set the time properly.

·
Moderator at Large
53,097 Posts
Go to a watchmaker and ask him to check rate variation, amplitude and beat error.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts