WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the T6c and Ambit2 for running and currently have only the T6c paired with the foot pod mini. I would like to try the Ambit2 with the foot pod as well, because I read that it will give you cadence info (the T6c does not for some reason). However from my experience the GPS distance is more consistent and besides I don't want to worry about calibrating and recalibrating all the time. I know the foot pod would override the GPS distance on the watch (although I could compare the GPS distance recorded in the GPX file afterwards), but I wish I could choose the GPS distance and just let the Ambit2 record cadence from the foot pod mini.

So my question is, if I decide to pair the foot pod with the Ambit, how do I go about unpairing it, should I later prefer to use the GPS for distance? The foot pod will stay on my shoe because I also use the T6c (which I find stays in sync better with the comfort belt and thus get more accurate r-r data than with the Ambit. Don't know what's up with that, but it's always been that way, no matter which belt I use).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I just discovered a way to do it (maybe the only way). I had another (now obsolete) old foot pod lying around, so I can just pair it to that, so that it won't recognize the new one when I'm out running. Even obsolete stuff can be useful sometimes. I'll have to remember not to throw that away, lol.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In Movescount, in the advanced settings of every activity, there's a check box for pods to search. Just uncheck the foot pod and the ambit doesn't work with it, even though it was paired with ambit. And the POD doesn't know how many watches it has been paired with, so you might as well use the same POD for both watches. And if I recall right, only the Foot POD Mini gives the cadence reading, the old one doesn't.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip. Just wish I could use the pod for cadence only. It's useful data to have, but I'm not training to race but to get in shape for hiking so the cost (losing GPS distance) outweighs the benefits. As for the pod distance, I get that from the T6 anyway so no point in having 2 watches give me the same exact distance/speed data. Besides, the GPS distance is much more consistent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts