WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the guys I follow on YouTube just released an hour long review of the Speedy Pro. In it he said one of the negatives to the watch was that he found it tedious to wind with his thumb and index finger. So I made the comment:

“Don’t use your thumb when winding. Place your thumb at 4 o’clock on top of the bezel then just run your index finger down all the way on the back of the crown. Makes winding much easier."

Another viewer replied by saying:

“I would suggest not winding that way. Over time, it puts stress on the internals by changing the wind angle of the crown because of the imbalanced pressure. It will eventually cause damage. Though you are correct- it can be both easier and faster.”

Any truth to this? I get the theory but think it may be a little over the top. I’ve seem lots of YouTube guys and AD’s do it the way I do. Ether way I’ll still wind it the same way. Using thumb and index finger takes way too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Winding with a side ways force is obviously going to do something over time. I’d just wind it normally and accept that you’ll never get back the extra 30 secs it takes.

·
Registered
Solar forever!!!!!
378 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree it’s a pain to wind with the bezel in the way, however there is truth to messing up your internals by putting angled force on your stem.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Your way is not wrong, don't over think it.

Reactions: 3523
1 - 7 of 7 Posts