WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
b-):think: Hello all... my name is Memphis and im new at this forum. I have just started my collection on tough watches. I would like to know if any body has any info regarding the...
IRONMAN Triathlon 30-Lap Shock T5F8219J...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41247ux267L._SX242_SY292_SH45_.jpg

I have read several reviews on this watch on amazon, and they all mention how bulky and how easy and how confortable it is and the great features it has but none say how tough and rugged it is. Does it compare to a GShock on toughness, could it go thru the tough test that they show on the videos people have posted on youtube? could it be dropped in deep in the ocean? could it be ran over by a car?... how long would the battery last?... i know im asking for alot of info but unfortunately the timex website does not answer all these questions like the Gshock site does. I luv my gshocks and i just got this ironman which i also luv. I just wish i had more info on it cause i look forward on gettin the new solar. Which im also lookin to get more info on being timex lacks info.

Any suggstions or corrections would be appreciated....:-x:-!

Attachments

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
As far as toughness, the timexes are built to the same ISO shock resistance standard as the Casios, so I wouldn't worry too much. I've actually compared the two side by side and while the Timex's have the more user friendly, practical and readable display and quartz module; The G's have greater variety and generally better construction and overall QC. Not that it's bad on the timex's, but it's just better on the Casios (more attention to detail). The casio's also tend to use nicer grades of plastic (The Timex's emphasize the survivability while the g-shocks also pay attention to tactile feel). For a third of the price of a comparable G, IMHO, you just can't go wrong with a Timex.

As for survivability, I would expect both to be able to survive the same type of abuse, provided said abuse remained within the ISO specs (if it goes beyond, then all bets are off). As for depth rating, I would expect both brands to survive immersion up to their stated depth ratings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
b-) thanx for the info Isthmus. Now that i have better knowledge on the Ironman from timex, im looking forward to the Solar brother from the Ironman.:-!

As far as toughness, the timexes are built to the same ISO shock resistance standard as the Casios, so I wouldn't worry too much. I've actually compared the two side by side and while the Timex's have the more user friendly, practical and readable display and quartz module; The G's have greater variety and generally better construction and overall QC. Not that it's bad on the timex's, but it's just better on the Casios (more attention to detail). The casio's also tend to use nicer grades of plastic (The Timex's emphasize the survivability while the g-shocks also pay attention to tactile feel). For a third of the price of a comparable G, IMHO, you just can't go wrong with a Timex.

As for survivability, I would expect both to be able to survive the same type of abuse, provided said abuse remained within the ISO specs (if it goes beyond, then all bets are off). As for depth rating, I would expect both brands to survive immersion up to their stated depth ratings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
b-)... your right! marines are tough on their gear. I have quite a few family members right now in the marines. They all have G's and Ironmans on duty. They rely on them alot. thnax for ur info.:-!

...Marines are infamously hard on thier equipment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b-) Now i wonder if they will show one in the new Ironman movie coming out soon... do u guys think they might have a solar, or a triathlon? or will they come out with new designs? :think::-!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts