WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would make sure it is specified in my will as to who gets them. I dont really care if they are sold on or not (after all I wont know about it) but certain family members have much more appreciation for the quality (well some of them anyway) of the timepieces I own than others. In fact your post is a great reminder.....!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
My wife would know.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Btw, it is not "If you died" but " When you die"!!

Nobody ecapes the Reaper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This question was brought up to me by a friend just last week and it got me thinking that my family (mom and brother) would not have a clue about what to do with my watches and coins/collectibles. So I've decided to take photo's and write proper descriptions of everything with instructions on how to list on auction sites and include approximate current market values.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well I have two sons, a two yo and a four yo so I am sure my wife will keep them for my boys. The two yo is already showing some interest in my pieces, the older one not so much. But I am thinking of leaving instructions for my wife to give my best mate a pick of the bunch if I was to go way before my time.
cheers,Mike

·
Premium Member
7,695 Posts
My collection isn't big enough to screw up. She needs to give Speedy and Sub to our son, other than that I leave it up to her judgement.

·
Banned
750 Posts
Currently my instructions upon death are to auction all property, vehicles and personal effects and to give the proceeds to a charity that I am involved with. Should I ever have children this will change, though I feel quite strongly that my bloodline should end with me.

I have not yet given up hope that science will allow me to live forever.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Should I amass a valuable enough collection, I will give them to my kids. Hopefully, they would have gained enough of an appreciation to enjoy them!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Btw, it is not "If you died" but " When you die"!!

Nobody ecapes the Reaper.
Speak for yourself, I plan to live forever ;)

Reactions: Janne

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Judging from what's available on Ebay, many great pieces get sold by clueless agents through estate liquidation. How's that for a Patek ad? “You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it before it becomes available on Ebay, again.”

·
Banned
408 Posts
I am an estate planner by trade
99% of the estates we settle are a complete cluster

Folks think cuz they have a will or a trust all is good

And they think their wife can handle it or WORSE, the kids will do the right thing

FYI- a will is no Guarentee your wishes will be carried out. And if yiu have a living trust, it aint much better because the attny that wrote it left big ass holes in it so he can refferee the heirs and charge more money

If you remind me, I will post some tips when I ain't doing this w my phone

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Other than my dad's Bulova that needs to go to the next guy, I don't care what they do.

My watches aren't worth that much and I don't have a wife or kids to squabble over my stuff.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts