WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, and new to the world of G-Shocks! I'm a regular on Timezone.com, and have tended to concentrate in the past on mechanical watches and I've ignored quartz, apart from 2 in my collection that I'd class as high end quatz watches. A few weeks back I ordered a G-Shock G-2900F-1V and since then, I've caught the bug bad!

I currently own the following Casio's:

G-Shock G-2900F-1V
G-Shock AW-582-1AV (Black)
G-Shock AW-582-1AE (Yellow)
Protrek PRG-40B-2V
Pathfinder PAS-410B-5V

I hope to add a few more in the coming future, I just love G-Shocks! I'll post up some pictures a bit later:)

All the best

Alex

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm new here, and new to the world of G-Shocks! I'm a regular on Timezone.com, and have tended to concentrate in the past on mechanical watches and I've ignored quartz, apart from 2 in my collection that I'd class as high end quatz watches. A few weeks back I ordered a G-Shock G-2900F-1V and since then, I've caught the bug bad!

I currently own the following Casio's:

G-Shock G-2900F-1V
G-Shock AW-582-1AV (Black)
G-Shock AW-582-1AE (Yellow)
Protrek PRG-40B-2V
Pathfinder PAS-410B-5V

I hope to add a few more in the coming future, I just love G-Shocks! I'll post up some pictures a bit later:)

All the best

Alex
Only mechanical watches...Now...welcome to the G:-!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No connection, its an old nickname I picked up at a company I used to work at and it stuck! Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you collect watches, then you've got to look at every type of watch, imo. Lots of people turn their nose up at G's. However, true collectors (such as Kurt Behm who is also a regular on TZ and who has a wide and varied collection) have a wide appreciation of all kinds of watches! Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the G world....

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Well.. well.. welcome aboard :-!

Some here have sold their expensive mechanicals and autos and have turned those sales into lots and lots of G-Shocks...:)

-Gawain

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Hi Fatpants

You will find this is a very friendly and helpful place, there are some real experts here.

People have few prejudices here and whilst they obviously love their 'G's and Casio in particular, they freely admit to admiring watches across a wide range.
In some Forums you get the feeling that some people would not admit to liking Casios amongst their peers as they would regard it as shameful in some way.

Mitch

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome!!! This is the best forum on WUS. I've been impressed at how polite and kind its members are and how knowledgeable people are and how willing they are to help. You'll also get honest reactions from people here which is nice. You'll be spending a lot of time here, I promise.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I found these forums while looking up information on automatic watches. Now I practically live on the G-Shock forum. :) Welcome.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Another thing is is that the design of this forum easily allows a follow on discussion even on quite a personal level.

Something like the TZ forum, whilst very popular, is quite clumsy and does not allow the same close personal intereaction imo

Mitch

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
HELLO FATPANTS WELCOME ABOARD:-d. HOPE YOU STICK AROUND OFTEN
AND YOU WILL SEE YOUR G-SHOCK COLLECTION GROWS LIKE REAL BIG.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts