WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so at the risk of eternal condemnation, I have taken a liking to the Hublot BB. I know many people don't like them, overpriced for what you're getting etc. But i cannot get enough of that case! beautiful.

Anyway, I was wondering if any f71'ers know of any decent homages of it? I have been looking for a stuhrling apocalypse chronograph but to no avail, seems they don't make them anymore, only the skeleton versions.

I've been trying to rack my brain for manufacturers, but I thought I'd pop on here for some help! I'm looking for anything in the sub $200/£150 area. stainless steel/ black PVD preferable, rose gold a maybe...

the original look...

and the stuhrling i've been looking for on the WTB forum

Thanks all,

Alex

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The Orient FET0H range have a some similarities. Prices are a bit all over the place, but, until last week, it was available for under $200 from Orient USA. Still, with a sapphire crystal and Orient quality, it is a pretty good option. This is the FET0H001B:

·
Registered
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
wth kind of name is Orkina? lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wth kind of name is Orkina? lol
Mushroom brand from china, although yep, the name does make me giggle lol.

I do like the orkina, but the sub dials really annoy me, i'm looking for a chronograph really, and the orient, whilst a lovely watch, again isn't a chrono, and just doesn't have enough of that hublot vibe going on...

·
Registered
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Orkina doesn't count because the sub-dials are non-functional. No offense, friend-Reno! I came across that one looking for an homage myself. I got a forbidden-to-discuss watch on Canal Street in New York City one time that I loved. I didn't know it was supposed to be a big brand (until later), I just liked the look and the price. I wore it daily for a couple of years until the cheap finish wore off.

·
Registered
26,427 Posts
The Orkina doesn't count because the sub-dials are non-functional.
Well, technically, they are. What we have here, is a good ol'multifunction watch, with Day-Date subdials + 24h mode.

It's not a chronograph, but it's definitely functional |> As the OP didn't say he absolutely wanted a chronograph…

No offense, friend-Reno!
None taken :) I was genuinely interested to know if the word sounded like something else ;-) (in order to improve my english)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, technically, they are. What we have here, is a good ol'multifunction watch, with Day-Date subdials + 24h mode.

It's not a chronograph, but it's definitely functional |> As the OP didn't say he absolutely wanted a chronograph…

None taken :) I was genuinely interested to know if the word sounded like something else ;-) (in order to improve my english)
Hmmm, I just remembered something wrong then, I'm sorry! I had it in my mind that this was one of those watches with worthless sub-dials (I have absolutely seen several on ebay where they at least admit the dials are non-functional). Having the look of a chrono but showing day-date-24h dials is not at all the same as non-functional, I agree.

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So i've just ordered this bad boy from creationwatches:

£129.00 with free shipping, should be here next week, can't wait! It has that hexagonal/octagonal vibe of a hublot/ piguet, and I'm getting seiko quality over stuhrling! bargain! I'll post when I receive it! Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks great! If only it had the screw accents on the bezel, it'd be pretty perfect. But like you said, you get the general shape, and unbeatable Seiko quality. All in all, a good choice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts