WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hublot King Power Oceanographic 4000 Ernie Romers.jpg

Following Ernie’s seismic announcement that he will be stepping down as owner of Watchuseek, Hublot have wasted no time in bringing out the Hublot King Power Oceanographic 4000 Ernie Romers, a strictly limited edition with an in-built Tapatalk feature located at the 2 o’clock position, specially designed to enable Ernie to continue to send messages to Watchuseekers even without the use of WiFi.

Crafted in Watchuseek’s colours of black and 18K rose gold, the dial features Ernie’s name tucked under the stenciled 4000m indication. In this instance, the 4000m stands not for 4000 metres but for the number of messages Ernie received each day from watch dealers, watch connoisseurs and earnest watch newbies from around the world. This was Ernie’s life before deciding to hand the hectic reins of the world’s most popular watch forum to new owners VerticalScope.

This watch is powered by the automatic HUB1401, with a power reserve of 42 hours. The movement beats at a constant 28,800 VpH. In addition to the black rubber strap, there is an additional strap made from Nomex in Netherlands orange to reflect Watchuseek’s proud Dutch origins, and to enable fashion following Ernie to coordinate the watch with his many colourful designer shirts.

The Watchuseek logo is strategically located at 4:30pm, the time that Ernie would traditionally allow himself a 15 minute break for coffee and biscuits in between dealing with new watchmakers keen to secure a posting or possibly a free write-up about their latest creation. Now at last, Ernie can put his feet up and look back on those crazy days as the second hand sweeps way beyond the allotted 15 minutes.

As we warmly welcome new owners VerticalScope to Watchuseek, we wish Ernie all the best with his new life and, of course, his wonderful new Hublot.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Well you know youve made it when you have limited edition watches being made in your name, congrats Ernie.

I love the watch but i've got a few ideas that would make it better.

Have Ernies face on the dial lol, or have a Ernie in the dial with his arms as the hour and minute hands, micky mouse watch style :)

·
Registered
14,139 Posts
ROFL! Awesome.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Is it available in SS?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Whats the point of a date function on a piece like this? Otherwise I'd buy it just for the skyrocketing appreciation that is sure to occur.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I hate the fact that Hublot could not line up their bezel screws for this One LE watch. Ugh.. Figures.

I bet that if JLC did the watch, they would have done it right. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts