WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great. How long did it take you and even better how much did it cost?
1 billion dollars!!! :-d No just kidding. I got the case on the bay for $65 (Pelican 1490) and got the plick&pluck foam set from Amazon for $26. Bought the watch pillows for $1.25/each and spent 20 minutes arranging everything.
Love it!
:thanks

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It looks great! Though you could fit a few more watches in there. :-!

For my box (not a Pelican) I used the Foam pipe insulation (sold at the hardware stores) as pillows and cut them to the width I needed. The pillows are just a tad wider than the bands. They hold the watches real steady, just the heads rest on the pluck and pull foam. If I had bigger watches I probably would have had to one make column less. (Need to update the pics to a more current status:-d)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
How would you like to stumble across those cases in a farmers field somewhere.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
For the frugal among us, I bought my box at Harbor Freight for less than $30, pick and pluck included. I used the plucked-out foam for pillows. It's a far cry from the Pelican case, both in quality and cost, but it is a place to store my watches.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
And I thought I was crazy!

What's that square watch to the right?
That is a very rare no hands thrift store pick up. :-d $4.99 and it's the one that gets the most comments. ;-)

For the frugal among us, I bought my box at Harbor Freight for less than $30, pick and pluck included. I used the plucked-out foam for pillows. It's a far cry from the Pelican case, both in quality and cost, but it is a place to store my watches.

That looks like the same one I have in my pic above. I picked it up at Lowes for $25 It's a great way to keep them protected a bit and for taking a load to a GTG. Unlike the Pelican, I don't think it will hold up being run over by a truck!:-d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.