WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other new Invicta for hump day, the "yachtmaster homage" :)

Have a great day all!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
My same Homage as i am giving it a longer term workout to see its accuracy. I also really like its looks.

paul

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Weather is nice(r) so, Le Locle for today.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Strongmace,

Ever since you bought the Le Locle, my PC only shows an "X" for the picture instead of the actual photo or thumbnail. Can anyone else see it? I would like to see which one you have, as well as the strap/bracelet, since there are many variations. This watch is on my short list for an affordable everyday dress watch.

Rick

·
Registered
448 Posts
Strongmace,

Ever since you bought the Le Locle, my PC only shows an "X" for the picture instead of the actual photo or thumbnail. Can anyone else see it? I would like to see which one you have, as well as the strap/bracelet, since there are many variations. This watch is on my short list for an affordable everyday dress watch.

Rick
Hmm. Thanks for letting me know.

Is it showing up as an X for everybody else? It shows fine in my browser. I have been using the 'Insert Image' button, deleting what is in the textbox and putting in the link. Is there some other way I am supposed to be doing it? :|

Anyway, here is the direct url for the photo

http://home.comcast.net/~david.elliott/DSC_0005-2.jpg <-- small photo

http://home.comcast.net/~david.elliott/DSC_0005.jpg <-- large photo

I hope the links work for you. Let me know if they dont. I will be taking new photos after finals are over (Dec 16). Once again, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: the model number I purchased is T41.1.423.33

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very nice, thank you. Links worked fine. That is the model I am thinking of, Roman numerals on white or black dial. I like the patterned dialed. Does it have a name? I know the machined turned patterns on dials are refered to as "guilloche".

I'm not much help w/ posting. I know just about enough to foul things up! Maybe you're altering the meta-tags slightly? When I inserted pics on another forum (as opposed to attatchments), I had the same problem, but I was inserting them from the address on my hard drive. Then someone taught me to put them on a free hosting site. But if the pics are on the comcast server, I would think that address would work. I would like to know if others saw the "X" or the pic.

Rick

·
Registered
715 Posts
My Alessi Record on a new 'open end' black leather strap. ;-) Looks like a newer pic is in order.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Today is my first full day with my Orient Mako:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I am wearing the Steinhart GMT Ocean 1 today...

·
Registered
639 Posts
I was seeing the 'x' as well. Try Photobucket.com for picture hosting. It makes uploading a snap.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Very nice, thank you. Links worked fine. That is the model I am thinking of, Roman numerals on white or black dial. I like the patterned dialed. Does it have a name? I know the machined turned patterns on dials are refered to as "guilloche".

I'm not much help w/ posting. I know just about enough to foul things up! Maybe you're altering the meta-tags slightly? When I inserted pics on another forum (as opposed to attatchments), I had the same problem, but I was inserting them from the address on my hard drive. Then someone taught me to put them on a free hosting site. But if the pics are on the comcast server, I would think that address would work. I would like to know if others saw the "X" or the pic.

Rick
I dont know if the pattern has a name. Here is the same image using photobucket as the hosting site. Can you see it here now?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Going With The Seiko Orange Landmonster Today!

Late Switch To The New Arrival, Orient "Blue" Mako!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts