WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the day with a Citizen then switched to a DW-9052 for work.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Its this one and has been since I "restored" it...

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Today it's my Black Helios #1. #2 is still charging...and likely will be for awhile. Please forgive the over-exposure and the dirt/dust :-!.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
These Protreks are catching my eye a bit...

The digits always look a bit 'over to the right' though. Is there any reason (symbols that appear on the left?) that they couldn't be more central?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
These Protreks are catching my eye a bit...

The digits always look a bit 'over to the right' though. Is there any reason (symbols that appear on the left?) that they couldn't be more central?
Yes. There's actually an extra symbol to the left of the first time digit. Looks like it can display a minus sign and a digit, but only '1', '2' or '3'.

I'm trying to think of occasions when it's used, because I can't recall ever seeing any part of it illuminated. I guess a very low altitude (of four digits) would require the extra minus sign.

I'll have a play, and see if I can get a photo of it in use.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yes, it can display an altitude as low as -10000m, in which case it has to use the extra '-' and the extra '1' to the left of the normal 4 digits.

I adjusted mine to read -10000, and instead of being sensible and taking a photo right away, I went back to the display mode. Of course, it just displays '----'.

D'oh!

Next time, I'll take a bally photo while I have the chance! o|

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Thanks, dudegalea, you went to a lot of effort there! :-!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice TC gulfman!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts