WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST RECEIVED THIS LINK FOR THE COFFIN EDITION .BE QUICK

https://snkrfrkr.bigcartel.com/product/sneaker-freaker-x-g-shock-dw-5700-redback?mc_cid=1e571f1d06&mc_eid=4aa260f417

Congratulations, you’ve found the secret Sneaker Freaker x G-SHOCK ‘Redback’ webshop.
PLEASE NOTE: This webshop is displayed in Australian dollars. The equivalent value is $210 USD, 180 Euros and £165. The price is set by Casio and is out of our hands.Celebrating 35 years of G-SHOCK and 15 years of Sneaker Freaker, this collaboration is a killer follow-up to the ‘Nightowl’ DW-6900 watch from 2015.Aside from the ‘vampire’ display in blood-red, the Redback design features spiderweb print on the strap and a blacked-out caseback and clasp.Most importantly, the G-SHOCK is packaged inside a limited edition coffin box with custom graphics. A pair of Stance ‘Ventron’ socks and a 'Redback' lapel pin are also included.Please note: We are not responsible for any import duties or government charges. Sorry!

·
Registered
317 Posts
JUST RECEIVED THIS LINK FOR THE COFFIN EDITION .BE QUICK

https://snkrfrkr.bigcartel.com/product/sneaker-freaker-x-g-shock-dw-5700-redback?mc_cid=1e571f1d06&mc_eid=4aa260f417

Congratulations, you’ve found the secret Sneaker Freaker x G-SHOCK ‘Redback’ webshop.
PLEASE NOTE: This webshop is displayed in Australian dollars. The equivalent value is $210 USD, 180 Euros and £165. The price is set by Casio and is out of our hands.Celebrating 35 years of G-SHOCK and 15 years of Sneaker Freaker, this collaboration is a killer follow-up to the ‘Nightowl’ DW-6900 watch from 2015.Aside from the ‘vampire’ display in blood-red, the Redback design features spiderweb print on the strap and a blacked-out caseback and clasp.Most importantly, the G-SHOCK is packaged inside a limited edition coffin box with custom graphics. A pair of Stance ‘Ventron’ socks and a 'Redback' lapel pin are also included.Please note: We are not responsible for any import duties or government charges. Sorry!
I also received my link via email and have just purchased mine.

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
Conversion rate is off, 330aud is currently 234usd. Shipping is 25usd as of 2 am US 29 Oct.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
I'd love to get it, but the frog took my play money.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Conversion rate is off, 330aud is currently 234usd. Shipping is 25usd as of 2 am US 29 Oct.

I noticed that for GBP (£) I like this watch, but with shipping and import duties the coffin edition would set me back £250.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
I got the email too and scooped one up! Normally I dislike the huge amount of text on the 5700 but in this case I think it's fun since it does actually look sort of like a tombstone.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the email too and scooped one up! Normally I dislike the huge amount of text on the 5700 but in this case I think it's fun since it does actually look sort of like a tombstone.
I am not really a fan of the round versions much prefer my squares but I can appreciate a good collaboration when I see one and in my opinion this one runs rings around the rather lame gorillaz efforts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did u inspect which server the email was from?
TADA

Sneaker Freaker domain: mail83.atl111.rsgsv.net

Clearly not from sneakerfreaker.com, and it is really easy to send a fake email address from other domain.
If you have any kind of previous newsletter from them with the same domain, I would sleep well.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Did u inspect which server the email was from?
TADA

Sneaker Freaker domain: mail83.atl111.rsgsv.net

Clearly not from sneakerfreaker.com, and it is really easy to send a fake email address from other domain.
If you have any kind of previous newsletter from them with the same domain, I would sleep well.
See my reply on the other thread... I bet you my degree it isn't a scam. I've seen tons of phishing sites in my time and this wasn't one of them...it would have been shady if payment was via western union...just relax you're sounding like a conspiracy theorist.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
See my reply on the other thread... I bet you my degree it isn't a scam. I've seen tons of phishing sites in my time and this wasn't one of them...it would have been shady if payment was via western union...just relax you're sounding like a conspiracy theorist.

We need to arrange to have your degree sent to a third-party arbiter until we confirm whether you won or lost the bet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We need to arrange to have your degree sent to a third-party arbiter until we confirm whether you won or lost the bet.
Haha there isn't a need to you'll see lol

Haha good to see CS friend here. I'm phd candidate now in CS, writing thesis about spam and phishing. Hope u are the winner this time! I'm not worried about money since I used my chase sapphire reserve card, but worried for losing possible chance to get the watch 🙂

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Haha good to see CS friend here. I'm phd candidate now in CS, writing thesis about spam and phishing. Hope u are the winner this time! I'm not worried about money since I used my chase sapphire reserve card, but worried for losing possible chance to get the watch 🙂
Hehe don't overthink it too much for this to have been a scam you're talking about stuff beyond imagination...for example, someone had to have hacked the people at sneakerfreaker set it up in a way which would allow them to relay the information to the bad guys to allow them to issue a newsletter to the secret link that is then linked to a PayPal account of the bad guys....but this is really out there almost very unlikely...if this had been the case the folks over at sneakerfreaker would have put everyone in the world on notice that if you received a link to this so called pre-sale it was not them and that you have been scammed and to contact PayPal or your financial institution...

Best on your thesis.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts