WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one I haven't seen before, the "Zorka Venera" from HVILINA watches in Belarus.

Definitely for casual time keeping being a 1-hander, no hour numbers, and no 30-min markers on the left side. I do like how they denote each quadrant with morning, afternoon, evening, night. The lume is fairly useless, just for fun I suppose.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Interesting that it's from Minsk since the text is in Polish....

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting that it's from Minsk since the text is in Polish....
Belarusian and Polish are similar. When I type "evening" and "night" into a translator I get exactly whats on the watch dial.
I didn't read the full description before but there are specific constellations on the dial as well as engraved on the caseback too.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Right, but the maker has decided to transliterate the Cyrillic letters to the Latin alphabet. Maybe it's an example of this special situation:

Anyways, really good-looking watch! I just found the text interesting.

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea, could've been just a simple design choice because someone thought it looked good.
Always nice to see another 24hr watch in the mix regardless.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
It's an attractive watch but I can't help think there are some design misses here.
  • Midnight/noon are left/right, it seems. That's okay but I would have put the half sun on the day side and made the half-circle at the bottom larger and luminous (i.e. the moon).
  • Why so many '30' marks? I would think the tick mark sizes are a sufficient cue. Here is an image of the black one where I've edited out the '30's. I think it looks fine.
  • No half-hour ticks on the left side. I guess they'd not fit between the dots.
  • Yet another one-hander. Sigh.
  • Yet another Ronda 515.24H. Double sigh (as he reaches for his credit card).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts