WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a little question regarding my Longines Hydro Conquest, it is the newer version automatic. First of all i admit i accidentally changed the quick set date feature shortly after it had changed. I believe i my have some issue with the threads on my crown tube, as sometimes the crown doesn't seem to pop into the winding position, and this is how i accidentally changed the date not realizing. Before this had happened my date would change over about a minute before midnight, now its changing over by itself a few minutes after midnight, and i was wondering if this is indicative of damage to the complication. Any insight would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it still work as before?
Sorry I didn't see this until now, but thanks for the reply. It still changes properly, however its taking about 5 minutes more for it to click over to the new day which i found to be bizarre and slightly unsettling

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same thing on both my HCs. I have the new one in auto and the old one in quartz, and both are changing about 3mins early.
Not a big problem imo, I tried this on some of my other watches and they all behaved the same way. (winner was breitling with a 1,5min accuracy, and worse was a pulsar who started to swap date at 23.40 ^^)

The crown thing is kind of annoying though, I have the same thing on my new HC.. If you get a statement from your AD if this is cowered by warranty or not, please let me know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same thing on both my HCs. I have the new one in auto and the old one in quartz, and both are changing about 3mins early.
Not a big problem imo, I tried this on some of my other watches and they all behaved the same way. (winner was breitling with a 1,5min accuracy, and worse was a pulsar who started to swap date at 23.40 ^^)

The crown thing is kind of annoying though, I have the same thing on my new HC.. If you get a statement from your AD if this is cowered by warranty or not, please let me know.
How does your crown act? Does it get stuck or seem to continue to spin?Mine can be a pain to get into the first position. My AD is a little trip from me so i haven't gotten down there to ask.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It has just happend a few times, when I wanted to wind the watch it somehow changed date while I tried to unscrew the crown.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has just happend a few times, when I wanted to wind the watch it somehow changed date while I tried to unscrew the crown.
Mine has become more bothersome. Sometimes it unscrews fully from the tube, or so it seems but it doesn't pop into the winding position. i can turn it counter clockwise to try and get it unscrewed all the way and it seems to spin freely but then turning it clockwise screws the crown back down. Its as if its in some intermediary position and its really annoying

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, phemps
I have the similar condition on my HC's crown.
When I unscrew crown, it pops up to the first position(winding position) correctly, but some times it spins freely as you said and then I have to turn it counter clockwise a little to let the crown pop up to winding position.

My friend has a Rolex Submariner that had the same issue like my HC, and he said it's normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts