WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Speedmaster or Seamaster?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wow, I really thought the speedmaster would smash the seamaster in the popularity stakes! A sign of just how popular divers have become 馃馃馃

Premium Member
Wow, I really thought the speedmaster would smash the seamaster in the popularity stakes! A sign of just how popular divers have become 馃馃馃
Narrow win for the speedmaster for me. The seamaster though didnt start out as a diver. In your OP though you were clearly referring to the diver.
Watch Analog watch Light Rectangle Clock
Watch Analog watch Black Clock Rectangle

Premium Member
Narrow win for the speedmaster for me. The seamaster though didnt start out as a diver. In your OP though you were clearly referring to the diver. View attachment 16208055 View attachment 16208056
Good point that Seamasters didn鈥檛 start out as divers, but were one of the best GADA watches in their time. Early (e.g. mid 1950s) Seamasters are some of my favorite watches.

LOoOser in the brotherhood

Registered
For me, it depends on what am I after - collectable that becomes the occasional wear but mostly sits in the box or something I want to wear constantly. From a collectable, it would have to be a Speedy Tuesday Ultraman or the Apollo moon watch from a Speedmaster side. I've always liked the Seamaster Apena version or something like the Ultra Lights (granted, that is north of this price range) from a collectable perspective.

For non-collectible, I could get different colors and variations of the SMP for that money....cause you just can't have one! :)

Registered
Tissot Quadrato, Seiko SNKM97
A hypothetical question for Omega owners- If you could only own one which would it be- a speedmaster or seamaster? Let's assume that money is an issue so you can't just go and spend $30000 on an Omega. Let's limit it to $15000. It can be any model within the speedmaster or seamaster line within that budget, BUT you can only have one!!! What say you??? Oh and a pic, well... because, every thread needs a pic?! Omega!

Premium Member
Seamaster just because of the water resistance. I'll never use the chronograph function to outweigh the benefit of being able to jump in the ocean with the Seamaster.

Registered
This poll is really eye opening considering this is an Omega forum filled with Omega fanbois. I knew Seamaster Diver had become popular and amongst non-watch crowd it may as well be the most popular due to Bond connection.

I voted Seamaster, but would take either in a heartbeat. I am really finding myself in love with older speedies. The middle aged me prefers less bling and more history. To each their own...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts