WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own a hyt watch but man... they make some gorgeous looking time pieces. Their prices are out of my league...way way way out. Am i missing a hyt thread anywhere here? apologies if i do just direct me there. Would love to meet a HYT owner though haha:)

HYT-H2-front1_zps74c99139.jpg

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nice little write up on the brand in the May "Watch Time" mag. Talks about the company and the problems they had to overcome with this movement.Your right though,they are a beautiful piece.

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
Vincent Perriard is the CEO and driving force behind HYT, and first experimented with the liquid indicators while the CEO of Concord, with the C1 Quantum Gravity. He likes big, complicated watches, with a flavor of the Royal Oak Offshore mixed with a dash of, maybe, Hublot. Here are a couple of his creations at Concord, and they were priced similarly to Hublot and a bit high for Concord's brand power. While he was there, Concord was down to a handful of employees, and I don't think production of the C1 exceeded four figures to any great extent, but these really captured a lot of attention when they first came out.

C1 Big Date and C1 Mk. II Chronograph, both with La Joux Perret hot-rodded Valgranges movements.

Rick "who loves these, but they are a bit out there, and the HYT moreso" Denney

Reactions: Robotaz

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
How's the Big Date holding up, Rick? I have liked them since I first saw them.

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
How's the Big Date holding up, Rick? I have liked them since I first saw them.
None of my watches get worn every day, but it still looks new. The deployant is ingenious but uncomfortable if I rest my wrist on the table when typing, but that's the only issue.

Rick "both are very accurate" Denney

1 - 5 of 5 Posts