WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I recently bought a cheap smartwatch to use at work because the noise sometimes is too loud and won’t let me hear my phone ringing or getting notifications. Anyway, the watch came with a very soft and comfortable rubber band but what surprise more was how the end of the band is hold in place. There is this little extra piece of rubber inside the loop that won’t let the end of the band move at all. I had casios, Seikos and other brands where the end of the band was always getting loose. Is this something new or high end brands have similar systems?
This is very neat

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just googled it, they have good prices also
Without sounding like a spokesperson for the brand, their customer service is also very responsive and accommodating to your requests. In my case they separately shipped out 17 mm lugwidth spring bars in the middle of the Lockdown separately at no additional charge.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without sounding like a spokesperson for the brand, their customer service is also very responsive and accommodating to your requests. In my case they separately shipped out 17 mm lugwidth spring bars in the middle of the Lockdown separately at no additional charge.
Good to know, I’ll have them in mind for my next purchase. Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ha! I just installed a Barton band on one of my Casios and was not aware of this feature. I got it out, and sure enough... there it was! Pretty neat! Learned something tonight! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
You see similar on some G-Shocks. I had a Nixon many years ago that had the same feature as well.

Reactions: ismiv

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Nixon I think has a patent on that feature in reverse (hole is in the keeper). There are a few brands that do it the way it's shown in the OP. The silicon strap on my Suunto Elementum has it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone know if any companies make such same design for leather straps? Reason i asked is because those keeper stud (or whatever you call them) can really come in handy for someone like me. On some of my leather straps, i actually have to glue the keeper to the strap to keep it from moving when i wear it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ritche's silicone strap has it as well. They are seemingly identical to Barton elite but usually for $5-10 less. That's assuming you want a black exterior strap color..

$16.99

There customer service is also good.
I have a 23mm on my Citizen, very nice fit and finish and it is wearing fairly well. Only issue I have, is the silicone used is fairly flexible and sometimes passing the strap through the second keeper is tough with the tab underneath and the strap not being very rigid. This is a small price to pay for a very secure 2nd keeper.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You see similar on some G-Shocks. I had a Nixon many years ago that had the same feature as well.
Nixon I think has a patent on that feature in reverse (hole is in the keeper). There are a few brands that do it the way it's shown in the OP. The silicon strap on my Suunto Elementum has it.
First thing that came to mind was my Nixon Newton that I had years ago. Great feature but eventually, because of the hole, the keeper tore and the watch went to its forever home, the nightstand drawer.

·
Registered
29,946 Posts
Looks like a nice feature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts