WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have two orders from different places and bother are not working well with shipping

the first is from Watch Obsession. it was sent to Chicago and then right back to Heathrow, what does "missing dun" mean??? and received unknown bag??? very strange. and than what happened for the next 10 day???

• Apr 23, 201503:43 am
    RECEIVED UNKNOWN BAG - MISSING DUN (Royal Mail)
  • HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC
  • Apr 23, 201512:00 am
    DESPATCHED TO O`HARE (CHICAGO) (Royal Mail)
  • UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
  • Apr 22, 201509:04 pm
    DESPATCHABLE TO HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC (Royal Mail)
  • CHESTER MAIL CENTRE
  • Apr 22, 201508:51 pm
    COLLECTED (Royal Mail)
  • CHESTER MAIL CENTRE

i also made an order from suigeneric, and it shipped 13 days ago, no tracking just lost out there somewhere :-s

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: i am having a tough time with shipping do you know what this means?

ok cool, i wonder how long it will take. both orders seem to be having problems, but i am sure they will get here one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
38,871 Posts

Patience and good luck. I would contact the seller if you don't get it within 7- 10 days.

·
Registered
286 Posts

You're not the only one! I bought a strap from Andrea(Martu) it arrives in Chicago, USPS promptly sends it to.......Yokohama, Japan!!!!! That was 2 weeks ago, Andrea kindly offered to send out a replacement.

·
Vendor
7,666 Posts

As suggested, contact us, we will look into it for you and hopefully give an update as to where your package is rather than second guessing on here what has gone wrong with the tracking.

One thing I will say, currently we are seeing long delays at the US & Canadian Borders with Custom Clearance and updates in tracking, for the US, will not show on USPS.com until it has cleared this process, we are seeing packages caught here for upto 2-3 weeks, ridiculous I know but something we have totally no control over.

Wait for your e mail, [email protected]

i have two orders from different places and bother are not working well with shipping

the first is from Watch Obsession. it was sent to Chicago and then right back to Heathrow, what does "missing dun" mean??? and received unknown bag??? very strange. and than what happened for the next 10 day???

• Apr 23, 201503:43 am
    RECEIVED UNKNOWN BAG - MISSING DUN (Royal Mail)
  • HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC
  • Apr 23, 201512:00 am
    DESPATCHED TO O`HARE (CHICAGO) (Royal Mail)
  • UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
  • Apr 22, 201509:04 pm
    DESPATCHABLE TO HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC (Royal Mail)
  • CHESTER MAIL CENTRE
  • Apr 22, 201508:51 pm
    COLLECTED (Royal Mail)
  • CHESTER MAIL CENTRE

i also made an order from suigeneric, and it shipped 13 days ago, no tracking just lost out there somewhere :-s

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i can now see that the Perlon straps from WatchObsession have made it to Chicago and are listed at in transit to the destination. that may still mean that held at customs, but they do know were they are.

as for the suigeneric strap, after contacting them, they said that i was on back order and that they had posted that on the website... they also confirmed that they had sent us a shipping notice, and that that may have confused us, but if we looked at their website we would have known :roll:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

well the ones from watchobsession were out for delivery, but it looks like it was sorted wrong and was in a zipcode one number off from mine..ending in an 9 in stead of an 8. hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow. as of now it still says the it is being forwarded to a new address, which i hope means to me.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well my luck is not improving much. a couple of days ago i spent half an hour on the phone with USPS to tell them where the package needed to go. they made a case, and gave me the local phone number of the post office that my straps were setting at. i called many times and it would just ring for 10 times and disconnect. so i just hoped that the case i had at the national USPS would get it resolved. i was home Friday morning and left for an hour... and that is when they tried to deliver it, but i was not there to sign for it, so i was going to have to go to the post office to get it. this morning i finally got them, but i am still unlucky.

first here are some pictures of what i got.

i bought a grey and a blue in 18mm for use on vintage and soviet watches.

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Pattern Auto part Blue Cobalt blue Electric blue Watch accessory Strap
you can see how open the weave is on the blue the best against the light background. these are thinner than my standard nato straps. these seem to be 1mm thick, and my nato was 1.2mm. the material is stiff, but feel good when you strap it on. the buckle is nice and it is adjustable like the vintage perlon straps. next it was time to try them on some watches.

here is the first one i tried... well because it had been on a nato and was easy to do with no tools. a Raketa world timer.
Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery
Watch Watch accessory Wrist Analog watch Fashion accessory
Finger Wrist Hand Fashion accessory Jewellery
over all it is i nice look and easy to install, being thinner made it easy to slip under the spring bars. it was easy to adjust the length of the strap. i had a little trouble fitting the tail under the cloth keeper because the is a little problem with the end.
Rope Wool Twine Thread
there is a nick in the end. i thought i might be able to use the other end of the strap is the tail, but it is not finished the same way and is not really interchangeable. it stands out when not strapped to your wrist, but when laying against the same color strap as you wear it, it is not noticeable. i dont think it will cause the strap to unravel, just a little unsightly, and can catch on the keeper.

here is how the grey looks on my sturmanskie chronograph, almost the same color as the dial.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
later i will try it on my vintage seamaster.

unfortunately i could not try the blue strap on any of the vintage watches, because i was accidentally sent a 20mm instead of an 18mm and it won't work with my 18mm lugs :-(

i'll contact WatchObsession and see what to do next.

·
Premium Member
38,871 Posts
Great looking straps. Really like the grey one on the Paketa.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
tried it on one more,

here it is on my 60's Omega Seamaster
Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory
a nice vintage looking alternative to the bracelet. makes it a little more casual and sporty.

·
Vendor
7,666 Posts
Sorry this his order has not run smoothly, firstly with delayed and a messy delivery by USPS and then to find the products not perfect, I will sort this out tomorrow and get replacements in the post straight away with a few extras for the hassle and inconveinience, will reply to the email tomorrow when I get into the office, once again sorry 😟😟😟

tried it on one more,

here it is on my 60's Omega Seamaster
View attachment 3928058
a nice vintage looking alternative to the bracelet. makes it a little more casual and sporty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts