WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Calibre 9300 from an authorized dealer. In short, the chronograph is not working. Start/Stop does not seem to command the watch to do anything. All of the relevant hands are stuck at the 12.

What should I do? The store opens today at 9:30am. The receipt says exchanges are available if the watch is in good condition within one week.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I bought an Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Calibre 9300 from an authorized dealer. In short, the chronograph is not working. Start/Stop does not seem to command the watch to do anything. All of the relevant hands are stuck at the 12.

What should I do? The store opens today at 9:30am. The receipt says exchanges are available if the watch is in good condition within one week.
If it´s a brand new, then I would ask for a replacement and would not accept watch being send to service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would it be broken right off the bat? Could there be some secret mechanism I needed to activate to in order to use the chronograph?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Nope, no secret mechanism. Top pusher starts /stops, bottom pusher resets. That's it. Have it exchanged. Did you try using the chronograph function at the shop?

Oh is the watch running? Sufficient power reserve to have the chrono function work?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
No secret mechanism, no special chant, no use of The Force, Luke. It clearly doesn't work as it should. Now, write down the serial number of the watch and leave that in your back pocket. Take the watch back and tell them you are well within your rights to expect a new replacement and they'd better have one in stock. If they don't have one and need to order you a new one, be sure to tell them that you've recorded the serial number of the defective watch and you expect a brand spanking new watch. If the store kicks and screams, remind them that the problem with the watch is between them and Omega. Not you.
On the rare occasions that somebody brought back a defective watch within a day or two, I would just take it back and organise a new one for the customer. I could always sweet-talk Omega into giving my store a new replacement.

Personally, I think you'll have no trouble. Nothing you can do about it until 9:30am. But at 9:31am, I'd give them merry hell if they start hesitating in any way.

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Oh my god, I'm such an idiot. It turns out I wasn't pressing hard enough on the start/stop button. I wish somebody would close this thread down.
Man, I delayed starting dinner to post in this thread earlier! Geez, dude! I'll cut you some slack 'cos you're new here. The watch is made of steel, not marshmallow. Press the pushers so that they make a snapping sound. Don't be afraid. You can't damage the pushers by pressing down on them. Unless you use a hammer.
Now, enjoy the watch, and welcome to the forums!
You panic-pants, you.;-)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Oh my god, I'm such an idiot. It turns out I wasn't pressing hard enough on the start/stop button. I wish somebody would close this thread down.
Haha, that's gold. GOLD!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Haha. You know. My first thought was, are you pressing the pushers hard enough. Only because it happened with me and my first chronograph. Just feel better it was resolved here and not back at the shop. That would have been really bad.

You should hear a solid click with pressing the pushers.

·
Registered
775 Posts

Edit: I feel so bad wasting everyone's time. Tis my first real watch, sorry for everything guys.
:) Its fine. It happens to the best of us...
enjoy your piece...

·
Registered
10,084 Posts

Edit: I feel so bad wasting everyone's time. Tis my first real watch, sorry for everything guys.

My advice....join a gym! :-d
On a serious note, don't worry about it, we all do daft things around here, that's what makes it so interesting! ;-)

·
Registered
12,347 Posts

Well, this is a new one for me, but it's certainly not the first "duh" moment any of us has had. Glad your watch is working, and now you can go enjoy that beauty.

BTW, we've pretty much ALL done something similar with our watches. You can laugh about it later.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't feel too bad. My room mate spent half an hour trying to pull the crown out on his watch only to bring it to me, at which point I simply UNSCREWED it for him. He had no clue that it was a screw down crown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts