WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Japan only MRG-7000 has caught my eye. However, when I search, both this forum and a regular google search, for general information, I find nothing. I realize that at this point it is an older model; but the size looks reasonable and it is solar atomic. Is there any reason that this watch garners so little interest?

I just want to avoid a "wow, let's never do that again" type of issue.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not an answer to your question, but I’ve always wondered why Japan-only items have English on them instead of Kanji...

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Again, not an answer to your question (that must be getting quite annoying now LOL), but I was totally unaware of this watch till your post. It is way above my affordable budget, but goodness, she's a beauty! If you do get it, I'm expecting lots of good photos...

mmm... didn't realise it was now 12 years old! May do a bit more research now into it as I love a bit of 'age depreciation'!

Bugger! Even beat up ones are still getting £360 :-(

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I have the MRG-7100BJ, which is the more limited full DLC version of this.

It is a beautiful looking watch, it has the same case as the MRG-7500, which I think is one of the best looking of the analogue MRG's. It is of a very wearable size, not a giant like lsome of the latest ones.

Mitch

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have the MRG-7100BJ, which is the more limited full DLC version of this.

It is a beautiful looking watch, it has the same case as the MRG-7500, which I think is one of the best looking of the analogue MRG's. It is of a very wearable size, not a giant like lsome of the latest ones.
Mitch
You sold me, I pulled the trigger on a MRG-7100BJ.

I have wanted an MRG for quite a while (over a year) when I noticed the MRG-7000BJ. I had been thinking about the MRG-7700B-1BJF however, I don't like negative displays. I actually considered getting the 7700 and realigning the polarizer. The other plan was to swap out the internals from a GW-2500. That was the point where I started looking at the 7000. I seems to hit all of the buttons:
  • Second Hand
  • Solar
  • Atomic
  • Analogue/Digital
  • Titanium
  • On a bracelet
Frankly, I had just missed that there was a DLC version. That tipped the scales almost immediately. Of course, there will be pictures when it arrives.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
You sold me, I pulled the trigger on a MRG-7100BJ.

I have wanted an MRG for quite a while (over a year) when I noticed the MRG-7000BJ. I had been thinking about the MRG-7700B-1BJF however, I don't like negative displays. I actually considered getting the 7700 and realigning the polarizer. The other plan was to swap out the internals from a GW-2500. That was the point where I started looking at the 7000. I seems to hit all of the buttons:
  • Second Hand
  • Solar
  • Atomic
  • Analogue/Digital
  • Titanium
  • On a bracelet
Frankly, I had just missed that there was a DLC version. That tipped the scales almost immediately. Of course, there will be pictures when it arrives.
Congrats on posting the smallest photo ever LOL

Reactions: Motorcycle Man

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
mmm... tried to find the original listing of this watch just out of curiosity to get the larger pic, but simply can't find it...

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
No worries buddy, what happens in F17, stays on F17! :-! Great find, with all the original links too, spectacular!

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
I saw the same thing when I lived in China. It seems that English is seen as a more of a lingua franca. But, I do agree, it seems a bit odd.
Thank you for expanding my vocabulary.

I build enterprise level websites for clients around the world and I often see that the clients brand names are not translated. I always figured it was because it was branding or there simply just isn’t a translation. But now I have a word for it!

Reactions: Hasaf

·
G-Shock Mod
13,949 Posts
Congrats on the MRG7100. I have 2 of this case style, the MRG-7000 and MRG-7600. They are definitely comfortable on the wrist. Their case finish is a step or two below that of the later 8000 series. but the short lugs and the range of the lug articulation makes them very enjoy to wear. I particularly like the 7600 because of the applied indices with polished bevel and the excellent module with 3 time zones display. I do wished that the hands are better finished.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This arrived today, MRG-7100-BJ It is shown on a 7.5-inch wrist. I have wanted an MRG for a while, the current ones are not in my price range. At the same time, I also wanted: Solar, Atomic, and a second hand.

I was a bit surprised that it came with a resizing tool. Yes, it was shown on the eBay image, I was still surprised it was included. it arrived with the bracelet "open." That saved a step in getting it sized.

The wear marks around the bezel are less noticeable in person; at the same time, they don't bother me, I am a living vintagizer. In all, I am very happy with it. I have the right number of links in place, now I just need to figure out the "micro-adjust" it is about one hole off.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just wanted to throw up a little more, considering that there are very few threads on this watch.
  • The manual is here User Manual for Casio Watch Module 2762 - Owner's Guide & Instructions
  • Adjusting the bracelet is done with a standard tool, like the one pictured with my watch.
  • The Micro-adjust, in the clasp, is a springbar. It is a bit fiddly, there is both an inner shell and outer shell in the clasp, but you can work a spring bar tool in, through both holes, and release the springbar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts