WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new watch. I have no experience with any other watches except my G-Shock MGT900DA-8V that I've had for a year or so. I have certain needs (I will list them). Someone else has probably posted something like this before (I don't want to beat a dead horse).

1. It has to be self illuminating , I personally do not like the fact that if I want to know what time it is at night I have to press a button and the entire dial lights up.

2. Has to have a large band, because I have around a 10 1/2 inch wrist.

3. Price has to be under $600 (I will be saving up to buy this).

4. Has to be possibly automatic,self winding,solar,etc.

5. It doesn't matter if it's stainless or not.

6. Has to have date somewhere on dial. (This doesn't matter all that much.)

7. Last but least, it has to last a long time ,it's not in my budget to buy a new watch every two or so years (I have a family)

I posted this before and someone told me to post it again on the dive watch forum.

Please note that I know some about watches not a lot but some.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Happy New Year & welcome to the DWF!Google "Tritium Watch"...Self Illuminating & can be had in a budget range of $50.00 up to $5000.00 or more!Check out Deep Blue watch Co. & Luminox just to name 2....

·
Registered
94 Posts
1-as stated above, you'll likely be looking at a watch with tritium for illumination.

2-Unless you insist on a factory-original steel band (which you don't specify), then replacement bands are common and inexpensive, so there's no reason to pass on a watch simply because the supplied band is too small.

3- "Has to be possibly automatic,self winding,solar,etc." Etc? So,does this include standard quartz, or not?

4- "Has to have date somewhere on dial. (This doesn't matter all that much.)" Which is it ? Does it HAVE to have a date, or does it "not matter all that much" ?

5- You didn't specify that it must have dive-rated water resistance. Does it? What's your intended use with it? If it's for diving (you mentioned being told to post it in the dive watch sub-forum), can we assume you require a bezel?

6- You mentioned having a very large wrist diameter, so can we assume you prefer a larger-sized watch case (say, 45mm and up)? Do you have a minimum size in mind ?

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Any 1 of these watches will provide you a lifetime of dependable,low cost ownership!The Tritium T100 is the best you can get in a watch at this time!The movements are automatic,can be regulated for great accuracy & are physically tough.They are well constructed & the company has excellent customer service after the sale.1:Daynight T100 Ops on rubber strap,around $450.00...2:Daynight 32T-100,around $500.00...
[/URL]

Reactions: fredrick

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
This one is quartz & uses a lower grade tritium(T25),never the less,T25 is still EXCELLENT lume.Size is good at 44mm,can be had in different colors & cost around $200.00.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am at the moment deeply in love with Ocean 1 Black
450$ is retail-price! so its below your budget....unfortunately and until later this year it is out of mine, I would wear it with a Nato Strap ...

Deep Blues are also good suggestions, Seikos are ALWAYS an amazing Bang for Your BUCK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts