WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a good way! I'll explain...

So I'm new to this forum and I love watches. I pick up a watch or two every year around my birthday (April 1st) because I like to spoil myself on that day. I stumbled onto WUS through a bunch of googling of certain watches (mainly Tag Heuers at the time). Now I am a serial stalker on here...not to people (I'm harmless!), but to the threads...especially the Omega section. :-d

Just from seeing all the pictures and rave reviews, I decided to find an Omega AD and actually hold one in my hand (most places I go normally stock the heck out of Tag Heuers and Movado's...and that's about it). Aside from an older Speedmaster that my Uncle has, I have never really worn or felt one. I immediately fell in love. I saw one glistening at me and I know I just had to get it. A swipe of the card, a signature, and a few minutes later, I picked up my first Omega. It is an Omega Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.002. That's the black movement 2500 version of the "James Bond" watch (pictures will come soon). :oops:

I just wanted to share my little story of my first Omega and I blame all of you for turning me into an Omega and, more importantly, a WUS fan! :):-!:):-!:thanks.

PS: Interesting note, I was actually looking at a Tag Heuer Monaco when I stumbled onto here.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Thats a pretty darn nice watch you've chosen. Its got the same movment as my PO.

My dad bought himself the quartz version of the one your getting. Here it is next to my blue quartz.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I second you on blaming all of "them" who made me feel like I became a part of "this" very quickly.
If only people would not be so kind, helpful and interesting here ...
I could spend more time doing something else than typing this !

yeah i blame YOU all as well and to some point I hope I d be blaming US all ( us not the USA don t shoot me just yet ! )

and feel like i would have contributed enough :thanks

·
Registered
790 Posts

So I'm new to this forum and I love watches. I pick up a watch or two every year around my birthday (April 1st) because I like to spoil myself on that day. I stumbled onto WUS through a bunch of googling of certain watches (mainly Tag Heuers at the time). Now I am a serial stalker on here...not to people (I'm harmless!), but to the threads...especially the Omega section. :-d

Just from seeing all the pictures and rave reviews, I decided to find an Omega AD and actually hold one in my hand (most places I go normally stock the heck out of Tag Heuers and Movado's...and that's about it). Aside from an older Speedmaster that my Uncle has, I have never really worn or felt one. I immediately fell in love. I saw one glistening at me and I know I just had to get it. A swipe of the card, a signature, and a few minutes later, I picked up my first Omega. It is an Omega Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.002. That's the black movement 2500 version of the "James Bond" watch (pictures will come soon). :oops:

I just wanted to share my little story of my first Omega and I blame all of you for turning me into an Omega and, more importantly, a WUS fan! :):-!:):-!:thanks.

PS: Interesting note, I was actually looking at a Tag Heuer Monaco when I stumbled onto here.
Yeah Yeah Yeah, we've been blamed before and we'll be blamed again. Think we care? :-|
Do think we want to be the only one in trouble with our spouses", stuck in front of the computer all night?, mocked at work?, scorned by the in-laws?, taking off work and waiting at the door all day for the UPS truck? :-(
I know the names of my FedEx driver's children and helped baptize his youngest for God's sake!!

Misery loves company and every new convert makes us seem a little more normal,

"look at this guy Honey, he's got much worse then me. "
Wow, dear this guy has over 100 watches!, see I don't really have very many"
"You think I spent a lot, look at this masterying01 guy"

"Hawaii?, really dear, they say Bienne Switzerland is a vacation paradise, you'll love it"

Quit your complaining so we can start giving you ideas and direction for your next watch selection. :-x You got the easy job, just buy what we tell you and tell the FAD we sent you, it's the only way he will give us our soul back.

So now that you have a Seamaster, you really ought start looking a some nice Speedmasters, what color were you thinking of?? :-d

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

You're in deep **** now. Wait till you stumble into the FS forums.o|:-d

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
So now that you have a Seamaster, you really ought start looking a some nice Speedmasters, what color were you thinking of?? :-d
You're baaaaaaaaaad...:rodekaart:-d

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally, a couple pictures of my most recent acquisitions.

The SMP that was mentioned earlier, and an Oris F1. Sorry for the fuzz pic, all i had was a 16-35mm lens w/ no tripod.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do think we want to be the only one in trouble with our spouses", stuck in front of the computer all night?, mocked at work?, scorned by the in-laws?, taking off work and waiting at the door all day for the UPS truck? :-(
I know the names of my FedEx driver's children and helped baptize his youngest for God's sake!!

Misery loves company and every new convert makes us seem a little more normal,

"look at this guy Honey, he's got much worse then me. "
Wow, dear this guy has over 100 watches!, see I don't really have very many"
"You think I spent a lot, look at this masterying01 guy"

"Hawaii?, really dear, they say Bienne Switzerland is a vacation paradise, you'll love it"
You got it SPOT ON! Exactly, SPOT ON! :-!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes it is, april 1st 1985

·
Registered
5 Posts
I stumbled onto WUS through a bunch of googling of certain watches (mainly Tag Heuers at the time). Now I am a serial stalker on here...not to people (I'm harmless!), but to the threads...especially the Omega section. :-d
This is exactly what happened to me! Started lurking around here for Tag info and ended up in the FS section. This is going to be an expensive hobby...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts