WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow G-Shock lovers. Today I boiled my Frogman a lovely Red Jelly. Initially, I thought of yellow, but I've come to like the 2003 ICERC RED JELLY so much more so that is what I set out to do and thank the G-Shock Gods it came out absolutely lovely. As you know from my previous post, the first watch came out opaque black. I didn't want it opaque this time, so I reduced the amount of dye used and simmered for only 5 minutes. The results speak for themselves.

1. My original WCCS Frogman DW-9900WC-2T (Blue Text), yellowish and looking dull.

2. Now after the dye job, looking all fresh and jelly red.

3. Another Picture.

4. Two of my dye jobs together.

5. Wrist shot.

Well, I hope you all like the pictures. Dyeing has really given my old Frogmans a new lease of life. So if you have an old G-Shock watch, do yourself a favor and get it G-Yed, yehaaaa!!!

Next project will definitely be yellow. Stay tuned :-!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Does any one know if you could use this method to dye the khaki green strap of my triple crown frogman to a nice black colour?

Very nice those by the way

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Oh my freaking Ghandi..... what beautiful watches..... absolutely gorgious...AB-SO-LUTE-LY FREAKING GORGIOUS :-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does any one know if you could use this method to dye the khaki green strap of my triple crown frogman to a nice black colour?

Very nice those by the way
Yes, I'm sure you can, black will cover everything I'm certain. Do it man, get it G-Yed! :-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
As someone who has been dying clothes for many years, I'm very impressed at how well and evenly the rubber takes up the dye...very stylish.

The other good news is, there are lots and lots of other dye colours to choose from which will make a G stand out like dogs balls. :-!

·
Registered
97 Posts
good job, but can u teach me how u dye ur Gs?using what?

thank u in advance

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts