WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Friday I bought this and it should arrive Monday. I am pretty excited.

Blue AT.PNG

Better picture of a friends...
39979754453_1b64fd1aa2_b.jpg

I have been lusting after an Aqua Terra for a year and a half now, and have looked at them in my small local AD 4 to 5 times. I had planned to eventually buy from him, but last week I ran across a deal I could not pass up. Thankfully the accounting manager (aka wife) gave the go ahead to take the plunge. She got final say on the color, and thankfully the blue/blue combo was her favorite too!! :) And she plans to buy me the bracelet for it next spring for my birthday or next Christmas.

I got the watch on Chrono24 via the seller watchshopping. I exchanged many, many emails with them detailing their assurance that this is a new, unworn 2019 watch, with box and papers and an AD signed warranty card dated early November with the full Omega honored warranty. With that confidence I was happy to buy it for a great price. The time to get it sent to me took longer than I had hoped, but as I said, it's supposed to arrive Monday.

My intent, which I have told the folks at watchshopping, is to film opening the box and my inspection of the watch, and if it is not in the condition described in the ad (new and unworn) it will be returned. I also plan to take it to either my AD or the Omega Boutique in Tysons and if possible have them confirm authenticity, which not a big concern, but also that the Omega warranty would be honored if necessary. That's really my biggest concern with the purchase. I don't want to have to deal with a GM warranty through watchshopping.

Anyway, it's been a loooooong week of waiting and will be a long weekend!

Expect many pictures Monday night or Tuesday morning. :)

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Congrats! Love mine. Undoubtedly my favorite watch in a very crowded field. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Congratulations on your incoming AT! I’m also debating another AT and the blue on rubber is a contender too. I look forward to seeing some photos and thoughts next week.

It’s going to be a long weekend for though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
The colors are just awesome for this watch! The wave/lines on the face are my favorite!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congratulations on your incoming AT! I’m also debating another AT and the blue on rubber is a contender too. I look forward to seeing some photos and thoughts next week.

It’s going to be a long weekend for though!!

I've been following along with your decision process. Good luck!!! When do you think it'll happen?

I was all set on blue/blue, but also thought the black would be more versatile, and then when my wife gave the final ok her only request was she got to pick the color. So glad she liked the blue/blue best too! Between my AD, the closest OB and the various ADs I have visited while traveling the last year and half, I have probably checked this watch out in person 10+ times, but I am still so excited to see it and have it in person. I doubt I'll sleep very well Sunday night.

That is such a bad photo of such a great looking watch.

HA! I know, right?! Sorry. I'll be posting much better ones I promise. I updated the original post with a new picture of the same watch a friend of mine owns.

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
Did some mention a Blue AT?....
Awesome watch, congratulation on the purchase. The AT is a seriously great watch. :-!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Congrats on acquiring an AT!

I think the AT in blue is always stunning. And the newly designed rubber strap with the integrated SS endlink adds enough elegance to allow the rubber to be worn with a suit.

The AT that I've always loved, and hope to acquire sometime in the future, is the Skyfall. For me, nothing comes close to that dial design and that particular blue.

Enjoy the anticipation of its imminent arrival.

René

Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on acquiring an AT!

I think the AT in blue is always stunning. And the newly designed rubber strap with the integrated SS endlink adds enough elegance to allow the rubber to be worn with a suit.

The AT that I've always loved, and hope to acquire sometime in the future, is the Skyfall. For me, nothing comes close to that dial design and that particular blue.

Enjoy the anticipation of its imminent arrival.

René
Funny you mention that because the Skyfall (Blue with the date cage, brushed bracelet) was the other AT that was on my radar, but I felt like the price they are going for now wasn't justified when new 8900 versions are available at the same price and less. And I really, really wanted and love the rubber strap the new version comes with.

Good choise,
I hope you´ll enjoy it for years to come.
PS: The bracelet isn´t too bad either...

View attachment 14699105

That looks amazing Occipital Lobe!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love that quilted strap. Probably my favorite strap of any brand out there right now. I actually want to put it on my Seamaster Diver 300

·
Registered
11,473 Posts

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Congratulations -- great choice, you are going to love it! It is my favorite watch in my collection.

I purchased mine on steel. Went to my AD and got all the giblets for rubber. Best of both worlds!
That screen though!!! :-(

Reactions: thx67
1 - 20 of 57 Posts