WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Good choice. Even better going with the rubber and adding the bracelet. I almost bought mine on bracelet with a view to buying the rubber at a later date and someone at the AD stepped in and said something like "double check those prices, I think that rubber is crazy money" Good job they did as the rubber costs much more than the bracelet. Its a great strap though and perfect for the summer months. Wear your new AT in good health.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks everyone. I am not sure if the pictures are helping or hurting with the wait. Is it Monday yet!?

Reactions: geckobros and thx67

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Here's mine... While you wait..

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Good choice. Even better going with the rubber and adding the bracelet. I almost bought mine on bracelet with a view to buying the rubber at a later date and someone at the AD stepped in and said something like "double check those prices, I think that rubber is crazy money" Good job they did as the rubber costs much more than the bracelet. Its a great strap though and perfect for the summer months. Wear your new AT in good health.
So true! I learned the hard$ way.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
So true! I learned the hard$ way.
The cynic in me would say that Omega all of a sudden got wise to the "buy on bracelet" policy that has been the norm across all brands for many years and spotted a money spinner. They even priced it weirdly. When my AD price checked the rubber it was something like £195 which is about right for rubber. Then theres the clasp of course which doubles that cost. Fair enough though as the clasp is re usable so when the rubber wears out youre only in for another strip of rubber. They price the bars individually I think. As per my post above, the other person in the AD told him to double check prices. He got the price to around £450 (from memory) after wading through their lists. He was then told to "double check those bars, that still doesnt sound right" and they are sold individually. I think the final price was around £650!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
The cynic in me would say that Omega all of a sudden got wise to the "buy on bracelet" policy that has been the norm across all brands for many years and spotted a money spinner. They even priced it weirdly. When my AD price checked the rubber it was something like £195 which is about right for rubber. Then theres the clasp of course which doubles that cost. Fair enough though as the clasp is re usable so when the rubber wears out youre only in for another strip of rubber. They price the bars individually I think. As per my post above, the other person in the AD told him to double check prices. He got the price to around £450 (from memory) after wading through their lists. He was then told to "double check those bars, that still doesnt sound right" and they are sold individually. I think the final price was around £650!
Our thinking certainly aligns. My AD said "Get the bracelet." Which used to make the most financial sense.

£650, Ouch. All in, I paid $495 US and initially the AD wanted $595. After delivery, I went to pay and the cashier asked me how much I had been quoted and honestly at the time I couldn't recall so she said $495 was fair. I could have sourced the SS bracelet for $350-$400. Who would have thought the rubber would be so expensive?

In case someone wants to know all the pieces and parts to make it happen, here is a pic. of the bags. I am not sure if they simply ordered too many parts and thus one bag has some pins in it or.. I have seen people ask as to what the "shiny links" are that make the bracelet look as if it is integrated and Omega refers to them as "decor" pieces.

Lessons learned, I ordered my black dial on rubber and share the bracelet between the two.

IMG-1519.JPG

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Our thinking certainly aligns. My AD said "Get the bracelet." Which used to make the most financial sense.

£650, Ouch. All in, I paid $495 US and initially the AD wanted $595. After delivery, I went to pay and the cashier asked me how much I had been quoted and honestly at the time I couldn't recall so she said $495 was fair. I could have sourced the SS bracelet for $350-$400. Who would have thought the rubber would be so expensive?

In case someone wants to know all the pieces and parts to make it happen, here is a pic. of the bags. I am not sure if they simply ordered too many parts and thus one bag has some pins in it or.. I have seen people ask as to what the "shiny links" are that make the bracelet look as if it is integrated and Omega refers to them as "decor" pieces.

Lessons learned, I ordered my black dial on rubber and share the bracelet between the two.

View attachment 14703561
The cost of adding the rubber strap and parts later was definitely a factor in me going with the rubber with the purchase instead of bracelet. I also like the look of the rubber strap better, but the lack of adjustment of the bracelet is also a big negative for me. When I get the bracelet next year I'll be trying to add the adjustable clasp to it. Also, where were you able to source the AT bracelet for $350-400?

Oh, and it's DELIVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
The cost of adding the rubber strap and parts later was definitely a factor in me going with the rubber with the purchase instead of bracelet. I also like the look of the rubber strap better, but the lack of adjustment of the bracelet is also a big negative for me. When I get the bracelet next year I'll be trying to add the adjustable clasp to it. Also, where were you able to source the AT bracelet for $350-400?

Oh, and it's DELIVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am excited for you! Please post pictures once you receive it and settle in.

If memory serves, at the time a member on the Omega Forums site was offering his SS. They do come up on occasion from private parties that don't ask redonk money.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It's here and I am blown away. It looks sooooo much better than under the harsh AD lights. Wow, it's stunning. So happy.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
That's a stunner!! Congratulations!!

René

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've owned this amazing watch now for 4 days and all I can say is WOW! It's incredible, and by far the most comfortable watch I've owned. The rubber strap is perfection on my 6.75" wrist and because of the short 47mm lug to lug length it wears much smaller than the 41mm size would suggest. I mentioned this in another thread, but I have a hard time believing it is 13.2mm tall. It does not look or feel that tall on the wrist due to the curved lugs. The case is so beautifully done. I knew it would be a great watch having owned an SMP 2254.50 for almost 2 years now, but the AT has far exceeded my expectations, even after seeing it repeatedly in person at ADs. I absolutely adore the face. The lower outer minute track, then raised plank inner face and applied indices give you so much detail to look at and admire. Beautiful! The stepped down date window with matching color of the wheel is in a perfect spot to provide nice symmetry to the dial. So glad I went with the new version and horizontal pattern. :p

Time keeping so far is about +1.5 a day. It gains some time overnight and then loses a bit back when worn all day. The only minor qualm I have is that the crown could be a little easier to use, especially winding. It is fairly difficult to grip and could probably stand to pop out another millimeter to help with that. The other problem I have is I like it so much I want a black one too! :think::) I love, love, love this watch and I plan for it to be with me a lifetime. So happy I (and my wife) could make this happen.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
(...) I also plan to take it to either my AD or the Omega Boutique in Tysons (...)
I was at the Hilton not far from the Tysons Galleria a few months ago, for around ten days (I was receiving technical training in the area). What a stunning shopping mall, with a few very well stocked watch AD! There I had a look at the Aqua Terra (I had funds after a drastic downsizing), and found it too thick and too large for my tastes, that now gravitate around 39mm. So went for an OP instead... (I also prefer no date on my watches - I'm that outlier guy who prefers that way).

I was a big fan of Omega in the past; if you look at my posts from many years ago, I owned a lot of Omega and was very active on this sub-forum! My tastes have changed and sadly I can't find an Omega at 39mm that suits me.

But this AT is stunning and I think you will love it for years to come! That strap is awesome!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts