WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
So nice reading how happy you are with your new AT Steve. The perfect Christmas present! It's a beauty for sure :)

I've owned this amazing watch now for 4 days and all I can say is WOW! It's incredible, and by far the most comfortable watch I've owned. The rubber strap is perfection on my 6.75" wrist and because of the short 47mm lug to lug length it wears much smaller than the 41mm size would suggest. I mentioned this in another thread, but I have a hard time believing it is 13.2mm tall. It does not look or feel that tall on the wrist due to the curved lugs. The case is so beautifully done. I knew it would be a great watch having owned an SMP 2254.50 for almost 2 years now, but the AT has far exceeded my expectations, even after seeing it repeatedly in person at ADs. I absolutely adore the face. The lower outer minute track, then raised plank inner face and applied indices give you so much detail to look at and admire. Beautiful! The stepped down date window with matching color of the wheel is in a perfect spot to provide nice symmetry to the dial. So glad I went with the new version and horizontal pattern. :p

Time keeping so far is about +1.5 a day. It gains some time overnight and then loses a bit back when worn all day. The only minor qualm I have is that the crown could be a little easier to use, especially winding. It is fairly difficult to grip and could probably stand to pop out another millimeter to help with that. The other problem I have is I like it so much I want a black one too! :think::) I love, love, love this watch and I plan for it to be with me a lifetime. So happy I (and my wife) could make this happen.

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I've owned this amazing watch now for 4 days and all I can say is WOW! It's incredible, and by far the most comfortable watch I've owned. The rubber strap is perfection on my 6.75" wrist and because of the short 47mm lug to lug length it wears much smaller than the 41mm size would suggest. I mentioned this in another thread, but I have a hard time believing it is 13.2mm tall. It does not look or feel that tall on the wrist due to the curved lugs. The case is so beautifully done. I knew it would be a great watch having owned an SMP 2254.50 for almost 2 years now, but the AT has far exceeded my expectations, even after seeing it repeatedly in person at ADs. I absolutely adore the face. The lower outer minute track, then raised plank inner face and applied indices give you so much detail to look at and admire. Beautiful! The stepped down date window with matching color of the wheel is in a perfect spot to provide nice symmetry to the dial. So glad I went with the new version and horizontal pattern. :p

Time keeping so far is about +1.5 a day. It gains some time overnight and then loses a bit back when worn all day. The only minor qualm I have is that the crown could be a little easier to use, especially winding. It is fairly difficult to grip and could probably stand to pop out another millimeter to help with that. The other problem I have is I like it so much I want a black one too! :think::) I love, love, love this watch and I plan for it to be with me a lifetime. So happy I (and my wife) could make this happen.
That's what I like to hear! It's a great fit on your wrist as well. :-!

As far as, "The other problem I have is I like it so much I want a black one too!" Don't ask me for advice on that one. :)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So nice reading how happy you are with your new AT Steve. The perfect Christmas present! It's a beauty for sure :)
Thanks! Another good Christmas present would be selling my Damasko to help pay for it! ;-):think:

That's what I like to hear! It's a great fit on your wrist as well. :-!

As far as, "The other problem I have is I like it so much I want a black one too!" Don't ask me for advice on that one. :)
I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I have seen your 3, quite a collection! There are more that are non-AT, correct? I feel like you need to post of full collection photo! :)

Love mine! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Looks great. I really like the smaller white version that doesn't have the orange accents, but sadly it doesn't come in the 41mm size.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
^ Love it. Btw I forgot to mention that I took my AT to my local AD over the weekend (on my wrist) and brought the warranty cards and documentation with me, which was stamped from an AD in Denmark While he wasn't particularly happy that I didn't buy from him, when I told him the price I paid brand new and not GM he didn't fault me for the decision and said he would have done the same. Anyway, comparing it to others in the store, it's legit, which I wasn't really questioning, but from what he saw on the cards etc he saw no reason why Omega would not honor the warranty if it came to that. I am satisfied with that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
what a beauty! congrats! a quick question, btw, why not the blued second hand? for some reason that model is cheaper nowadays.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I like the blue seconds hand, but the dial on that version is a slate blue shade and the rubber strap is grey. The blue is a duller shade and not as deep as the blue on this version. I felt the overall package wasn't nearly as vibrant and interesting. I am also not sure that version would as versatile as this one.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Update time. 6 months of ownership and I still love this thing. I'll never sell this watch unless I fall on some seriously hard times. Other than a 2 week stretch in March during which I wore only my SMP, I've worn this watch nearly every day at some point, and often only this watch for a week or more at a time. It runs about 2-3spd fast when worn, but if I leave it crown down overnight it will slow down and I am usually about +.5 to 1spd fast. It fits my lifestyle and casual wardrobe perfectly, especially in the summer and working from home. It's got a few blemishes here and there from wear because I don't baby it. Also, a few people have messaged me about this thread and their own purchases or interest in the AT, and damienmcguigan has referenced it in his thread about his own purchase, so I am extremely pleased I could be of help to others.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Update time. 6 months of ownership and I still love this thing. I'll never sell this watch unless I fall on some seriously hard times. Other than a 2 week stretch in March during which I wore only my SMP, I've worn this watch nearly every day at some point, and often only this watch for a week or more at a time. It runs about 2-3spd fast when worn, but if I leave it crown down overnight it will slow down and I am usually about +.5 to 1spd fast. It fits my lifestyle and casual wardrobe perfectly, especially in the summer and working from home. It's got a few blemishes here and there from wear because I don't baby it. Also, a few people have messaged me about this thread and their own purchases or interest in the AT, and damienmcguigan has referenced it in his thread about his own purchase, so I am extremely pleased I could be of help to others.

Another great photo of a stunning watch. I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered. Hopefully in the next week or so. I'll definitely post some wristshots when it gets here!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts

Got the same ref AT on a bracelet incoming next week! I've gone back and forth between the AT and another well known date watch, but the dial on the AT is just a cut above!

Really great to hear that its still bringing you tonnes of enjoyment 6 months down the line! Wear it in good health

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts

Awesome to hear. I have this piece on a bracelet on its way to me.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks for the comments guys. I would like to add a bracelet to this, but know I won't be satisfied if I don't also have the adjustable clasp like I added to the Seamaster. I know it can be done, but I'd rather not cobble something together (plus the price of the clasp has gone way up), so I am hoping maybe Omega makes that a standard offering for the AT at some point.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’d want to be an advocate for getting the bracelet.
Still looking for a rubber alternative to Omega’s black with white stitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 57 of 57 Posts